Went to high school graduation, surprised to put it mildly.

This is a discussion on Went to high school graduation, surprised to put it mildly. within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; My wife and I went to the grandson's graduation ceremony. I didn't want to go because of all the PC in the public school system, ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Rusty
  • 1 Post By Rusty
  • 3 Post By skeeterfisher
  • 1 Post By Cowboy
  • 1 Post By cpippen
  • 1 Post By black69

Thread: Went to high school graduation, surprised to put it mildly.

My wife and I went to the grandson's graduation ceremony. I didn't want to go because of all the PC in the public school system, but I had my orders. He and his mom live in a small NW TX town of about 10000 and there were hundreds of people in attendance. When sat down I looked at the stage and the first thing I saw was a HUGE American flag on the back wall. When the ceremony commenced I was stunned. A student led off with a passage from the bible, and then another student recited the pledge of allegiance. Finally the high school band played the national anthem. It was worth leaving my gun in the car to attend that!

Maybe we aren't doomed after all!
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - G.B. Shaw

Holy shit youre old

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LRR
    Being a public school HS teacher and being required to attend graduation its interesting to hear of your experience. We have colour guard say pledge and sing national anthem but definitely no formal prayer. However on a daily basis we as a school do not say the pledge during announcements. We don't even have American flags in the classroom.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LRR View Post
    Being a public school HS teacher and being required to attend graduation its interesting to hear of your experience. We have colour guard say pledge and sing national anthem but definitely no formal prayer. However on a daily basis we as a school do not say the pledge during announcements. We don't even have American flags in the classroom.
    It's a shame that your powers that be are so communistic.

Holy shit youre old
    You better respect your elders boy!!!!
    Glock1978 likes this.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - G.B. Shaw

At my high school.....we have a moment of silence....Pledge of Allegiance (facing the flag) prior to the morning announcements......seems we East Tennessee hicks are a little old fashioned.....thank goodness....
    Rusty, RevDerb and wheresthebears like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    My wife and I went to the grandson's graduation ceremony. I didn't want to go because of all the PC in the public school system, but I had my orders. He and his mom live in a small NW TX town of about 10000 and there were hundreds of people in attendance. When sat down I looked at the stage and the first thing I saw was a HUGE American flag on the back wall. When the ceremony commenced I was stunned. A student led off with a passage from the bible, and then another student recited the pledge of allegiance. Finally the high school band played the national anthem. It was worth leaving my gun in the car to attend that!

Maybe we aren't doomed after all!
    Maybe not Rusty,maybe not,thanks for that post.-Cowboy
    Rusty likes this.

Wow Rusty that is awesome! I wish more places would learn the Pledge and such.
    Rusty likes this.
    “In proper hands, the Glock serves just as well as the 1911 - at conversational distances. And such distances are the rule in defensive combat.”

- Jeff Cooper

We have flags in the classrooms and we do the National Anthem before sporting events. They have prayer before football games, offered by one of the players and also a prayer over the food at the sporting banquets, again offered by the players. Im not sure about basketball or baseball as ive only witnessed
    the boys in prayer before football games. Lucky to live where I do!
    Rusty likes this.

Sponsored Links