has anyone updated to windows 10 yet ?

This is a discussion on has anyone updated to windows 10 yet ? within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; I had a problem and couldn't seem to fix it no matter what and decided to upgrade to windows 10 (free) and it took a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: has anyone updated to windows 10 yet ?

I had a problem and couldn't seem to fix it no matter what and decided to upgrade to windows 10 (free) and it took a while and had to rerun some programs but wow what a difference for windows 7. still working the bugs out and trying to figure out how to run programs but little by little its coming together
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Spyware at its best.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Spyware at its best.
    so is there any tin foil left at your grocery store? lmao
    NunquamNonParatus likes this.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    so is there any tin foil left at your grocery store? lmao
    microsoft admitted to it.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - G.B. Shaw

No...Apple...these little iPad minis are great! Hardly ever sit at a desk anymore.
    Last edited by Specter6; 11-10-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    Ron36105 likes this.
    G19X
    G27 GEN4 FDE
    HK USP EXPERT 9MM
    HK USP TACTICAL 45 / AAC Ti-RANT 45 SILENCER
    COLT GOLD CUP TROPHY STAINLESS 45
    S&W 686+ STAINLESS 357 MAG 4" BARREL

personally I am a mac o phile, but, I have a big graphics computer that is windows, my wife and daughter have windows laptops. We had two go flawlessly, and are still running nice. one was a disaster but it turned out to coincidentally have a hard drive failure, that one now has a shiny new solid state drive and is all well and running windows 10 nicely as well.
    Best Regards from
    THE Old Fart64

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

JWR
    I'm personally done with MS.
    Didn't care for the direction they are going so I bought a cheap Chromebook.
    Learning my way around as well cause it's cloud base. Does everything I need it to do though, nothing fancy but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Spyware at its best.
    My next computer will be a Mac!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be running 7 till they stop supporting it. Probably got 4-5 more years.

Buddy of mine had a problem with his windows 7, it had been awhile, so he just did a wipe and reload of 7. Forgot to turn off "Windows Updates".

Woke up the next morning and was presented with a screen that said "Welcome to Windows 10". Man was he pissed. He's quite the computer geek, so he screwed around with it for a couple days. Basically...YOU don't control your operating system anymore. You can only do so much and 10 will not let you shut off certain "monitoring" and control features of the damn thing.

Long story short? He reloaded windows 7 shut OFF the damn automatic update. He said, "basically, the whole damn program is a controlling Virus."

I'll give ya credit for givin a try BSG. ME? Not a friggin chance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is, it will not be needed until they try to take it".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Daily to give free food to animals in shelters and rescue's.

Tell ya something else about 10. Ya know how in Windows 7 you can configure or turn off windows updates??? NOT with windows 10.
    You WILL get every update, and, if it has to reboot your computer, it's going too. It will give ya about 30 seconds to save anything you're working on and then it will reboot.

I like controlling MY computer. With windows 10, "they" have taken most actual control away from you.
    Ron36105 likes this.

"The beauty of the second amendment is, it will not be needed until they try to take it".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Daily to give free food to animals in shelters and rescue's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links