for those that think a little printing is OK, Man robbed with his own gun.

This is a discussion on for those that think a little printing is OK, Man robbed with his own gun. within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; Man robbed with his own concealed handgun A woman snatched a mans legally concealed weapon and stole his wallet while the two were waiting in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: for those that think a little printing is OK, Man robbed with his own gun.

Man robbed with his own concealed handgun

A woman snatched a mans legally concealed weapon and stole his wallet while the two were waiting in line at a Denison gas station Sunday night. Police eventually arrested the woman, Bobbie Renee Kelly, 36, of Tom Bean, for aggravated robbery.

The man, who is licensed to carry a handgun, was inside the Valero gas station at 1420 S. Austin Ave. With his wallet in-hand, the man walked up to the store counter to purchase an item at about 10:50 p.m. A 36-year-old woman came up behind him and saw the outline of a handgun tucked beneath his shirt. Denison Police Det. Tom Unerfusser said she lifted his shirt, the weapon and pointed it at the man.
    two things I see wrong here.... first being the gun and the position (had to be on the hip) leave it open to a rearward grab and second the clothing he wore didn't cover the gun and allowed it to print

Man robbed with his own concealed handgun | Herald Democrat
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Frankly, I think that how well (or not) someone is able to conceal a pistol is as much, or more, a matter of how well he's able to move while carrying, and how skillfully he knows how to, ‘dress around the gun’ Me? I carry a humongous Glock Model 21 along with a full belt load underneath one cover garment, or another. I can honestly say that it's been years since anyone has, 'made' me.

There's a few simple everyday carry rules that need to be follow. Do these things, and anyone can successfully hide a gun.

FOR EXAMPLE:

1. Don’t stretch or reach for things with your gun arm.

2. Whenever you bend over to pick something up, always bend your gun side knee.

3. Never allow someone else to hug you by placing his hands and arms underneath your own. Do this to the other person, instead.

4. Don't be an, ‘equipment checker’. If you need to be doing stuff like this; you're either inappropriately dressed, or wearing, or carrying, the wrong equipment. I can go, and frequently have gone, for 12 to 14 hours without checking or adjusting my, ‘belt load’. (Which is, often, considerable!)

5. Master the art of, ‘blading’ or, ‘three quartering’ others. Your gun side should always be bladed AWAY FROM the audience.

6. Never stand in a single file line with one person in back of the other. Instead, ‘blade’ yourself off to one side of the line. The same thing goes for sitting at places like lunch counters. If you’re carrying a pistol then you always need to be aware of who and what is behind you; and try to sit or stand in a place, or at an angle in which your gun will not be exposed to a quick grab.

7. Anytime you're not alone and the seating is cramped, or in rows, always place your companion on your gun side. Once, at a movie theater, I inadvertently got, ‘made’ by an older man who decided to sit right next to me. He brushed my pistol with his elbow as he sat down; and, then, he instantly knew that I was armed! The guy was no advocate of the Second Amendment. He was clearly annoyed; and, throughout the movie, he let me know about it, too. I've never forgotten the lesson! Nowadays, whenever I’m standing or sitting in a crowd like that, I’m either, ‘blading’ or one of my companions is next to me and protecting my gun side.

8. The very best place to conceal a pistol is IN YOUR HAND, and inside an outer pocket. The second best place to conceal a pistol is at 4 to 5 o’clock inside your waistband. However an accessibility and speed problem can arise when you're sitting. If you sit a lot the best place to carry - but not necessarily to conceal - a pistol is at either 10 or 2 o’clock, or else (if you're right-handed) on the inside of your left ankle.

9. I, also, wear brightly patterned or distinctively marked plaid shirts and cover jackets.

(Hawaiian shirts have become, something of, a hobby for me; and I probably have one of the nicest collections of authentic aloha shirts on the East Coast! So, who says baggy cover garments can't be fun? They are for me; and, consequently, I'm always able to go around with my shirt unbloused at the waist without attracting undue attention!)

10. Neither do I act, ‘armed’. I smile a lot; I’m naturally courteous. I tend to be socially deferential. I carry my neck and shoulders in a relaxed manner; and my arms are always loosely held.

I consciously work to assure that there are no body or behavioral, ‘tells’ about anything that I do - ‘Tells’ that might alert an observer to the fact that I'm usually heavily armed.

It’s been my experience that more alert people tend to watch the right hand side more than the left. (A behavioral characteristic that I've sometimes taken advantage of because I’m ambidextrous; and, with someone like me it’s often the left side that really needs to be watched.)

Successfully concealing a large sidearm all day long comes down to the consistent and proper execution of a series of personal habits and behaviors that need to be INTEGRAL PARTS of your daily patterns of: body dress, body language, and physical movement.

You've got to learn, ‘How’ to be instinctively cautious about the manner in which you dress, (My cover shirts and jackets are, all, a size too large!) as well as how subtly you habitually move your body. When everything is done right there is no: equipment checking, sagging belt line, or protruding gun butt to give you away. The extra magazines, the cell phone, knife, lighter, and unattached tac light are, all, ‘just there’.

ADDED: I usually carry a (humungous) full-size, Glock Model 21; and these are my own hard won, ‘esteemed thoughts’. Personally, I don't like having to control the high ignition pressure and excessively, ‘hard’ recoil of an S&W 40; so, I avoid carrying the caliber.

If I wanted a smallish, straight-shooting, 45 ACP pistol - one with easy-to-control recoil characteristics and absolutely minimal front sight dwell time - I'd probably go for either an H&K Compact, or one of the Glock Model 30’s. (I am NOT a fan of low magazine capacity SD pistols; and, significantly, I have always shot pistols with a wider backstrap better than a pistol with a narrower backstrap.)
    Last edited by Pistolero; 07-01-2016 at 02:59 AM.
    Stupidity Is The Most Common Form Of Communicable Human Disease; But, Unfortunately, It Appears To Be As Highly Contagious As It Is Predominantly Incurable!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolero View Post
    Frankly, I think that how well (or not) someone is able to conceal a pistol is as much, or more, a matter of how well he's able to move while carrying, and how skillfully he knows how to, dress around the gun Me? I carry a humongous Glock Model 21 along with a full belt load underneath one cover garment, or another. I can honestly say that it's been years since anyone has, 'made' me.

There's a few simple everyday carry rules that need to be follow. Do these things, and anyone can successfully hide a gun.

FOR EXAMPLE:

1. Dont stretch or reach for things with your gun arm.

3. Never allow someone else to hug you by placing his hands and arms underneath your own. Do this to the other person, instead.

4. Don't be an, equipment checker. If you need to be doing stuff like this; you're either inappropriately dressed, or wearing, or carrying, the wrong equipment. I can go, and frequently have gone, for 12 to 14 hours without checking or adjusting my, belt load. (Which is, often, considerable!)

5. Master the art of, blading or, three quartering others. Your gun side should always be bladed AWAY FROM the audience.

6. Never stand in a single file line with one person in back of the other. Instead, blade yourself off to one side of the line. The same thing goes for sitting at places like lunch counters. If youre carrying a pistol then you always need to be aware of who and what is behind you; and try to sit or stand in a place, or at an angle in which your gun will not be exposed to a quick grab.

7. Anytime you're not alone and the seating is cramped, or in rows, always place your companion on your gun side. Once, at a movie theater, I inadvertently got, made by an older man who decided to sit right next to me. He brushed my pistol with his elbow as he sat down; and, then, he instantly knew that I was armed! The guy was no advocate of the Second Amendment. He was clearly annoyed; and, throughout the movie, he let me know about it, too. I've never forgotten the lesson! Nowadays, whenever Im standing or sitting in a crowd like that, Im either, blading or one of my companions is next to me and protecting my gun side.

8. The very best place to conceal a pistol is IN YOUR HAND, and inside an outer pocket. The second best place to conceal a pistol is at 4 to 5 oclock inside your waistband. However an accessibility and speed problem can arise when you're sitting. If you sit a lot the best place to carry - but not necessarily to conceal - a pistol is at either 10 or 2 oclock, or else (if you're right-handed) on the inside of your left ankle.

9. I, also, wear brightly patterned or distinctively marked plaid shirts and cover jackets.

(Hawaiian shirts have become, something of, a hobby for me; and I probably have one of the nicest collections of authentic aloha shirts on the East Coast! So, who says baggy cover garments can't be fun? They are for me; and, consequently, I'm always able to go around with my shirt unbloused at the waist without attracting undue attention!)

10. Neither do I act, armed. I smile a lot; Im naturally courteous. I tend to be socially deferential. I carry my neck and shoulders in a relaxed manner; and my arms are always loosely held.

I consciously work to assure that here are no body or behavioral, tells about anything that I do - Tells that might alert an observer to the fact that I'm usually heavily armed.

Its been my experience that more alert people tend to watch the right hand side more than the left. (A behavioral characteristic that I've sometimes taken advantage of because Im ambidextrous; and, with someone like me its often the left side that really needs to be watched.)

Successfully concealing a large sidearm all day long comes down to the consistent and proper execution of a series of personal habits and behaviors that need to be INTEGRAL PARTS of your daily patterns of: body dress, body language, and physical movement.

You've got to learn, How to be instinctively cautious about the manner in which you dress, (My cover shirts and jackets are, all, a size too large!) as well as how subtly you habitually move your body. When everything is done right there is no: equipment checking, sagging belt line, or protruding gun butt to give you away. The extra magazines, the cell phone, knife, lighter, and unattached tac light are, all, just there.

ADDED: I usually carry a (humungous) full-size, Glock Model 21; and these are my own hard won, esteemed thoughts. Personally, I don't like having to control the high ignition pressure and excessively, hard recoil of an S&W 40; so, I avoid carrying the caliber.

If I wanted a smallish, straight-shooting, 45 ACP pistol - one with easy-to-control recoil characteristics and absolutely minimal front sight dwell time - I'd probably go for either an H&K Compact, or one of the Glock Model 30s. (I am NOT a fan of low magazine capacity SD pistols; and, significantly, I have always shot pistols with a wider backstrap better than a pistol with a narrower backstrap.)
    Excellent list!

To #9; Hawaiian Shirts are NOT the type of clothing a "stereotypical gun carrier" would be wearing.

It throws off the "dogs" from the scent, and takes their eyes away from noticing your face or your "bulges" as much. Hats and glasses do the same thing.

Instead of being the guy that's 6' tall, bulky in build, brown hair, hazel eyes,... You are the guy with the Hawaiian shirt, hat and glasses.

Sometimes a grey man is wearing bright flowers!
    Last edited by t4terrific; 06-30-2016 at 07:26 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Frankly, I think that how well (or not) someone is able to conceal a pistol is as much, or more, a matter of how well he's able to move while carrying, and how skillfully he knows how to, ‘dress around the gun’ Me? I carry a humongous Glock Model 21 along with a full belt load underneath one cover garment, or another. I can honestly say that it's been years since anyone has, 'made' me.

FOR EXAMPLE:

1. Don’t stretch or reach for things with your gun arm.

4. Don't be an, ‘equipment checker’. If you need to be doing stuff like this; you're either inappropriately dressed, or wearing, or carrying, the wrong equipment. I can go, and frequently have gone, for 12 to 14 hours without checking or adjusting my, ‘belt load’. (Which is, often, considerable!)

5. Master the art of, ‘blading’ or, ‘three quartering’ others. Your gun side should always be bladed AWAY FROM the audience.

6. Never stand in a single file line with one person in back of the other. Instead, ‘blade’ yourself off to one side of the line. The same thing goes for sitting at places like lunch counters. If you’re carrying a pistol then you always need to be aware of who and what is behind you; and try to sit or stand in a place, or at an angle in which your gun will not be exposed to a quick grab.

7. Anytime you're not alone and the seating is cramped, or in rows, always place your companion on your gun side. Once, at a movie theater, I inadvertently got, ‘made’ by an older man who decided to sit right next to me. He brushed my pistol with his elbow as he sat down; and, then, he instantly knew that I was armed! The guy was no advocate of the Second Amendment. He was clearly annoyed; and, throughout the movie, he let me know about it, too. I've never forgotten the lesson! Nowadays, whenever I’m standing or sitting in a crowd like that, I’m either, ‘blading’ or one of my companions is next to me and protecting my gun side.

8. The very best place to conceal a pistol is IN YOUR HAND, and inside an outer pocket. The second best place to conceal a pistol is at 4 to 5 o’clock inside your waistband. However an accessibility and speed problem can arise when you're sitting. If you sit a lot the best place to carry - but not necessarily to conceal - a pistol is at either 10 or 2 o’clock, or else (if you're right-handed) on the inside of your left ankle.

10. Neither do I act, ‘armed’. I smile a lot; I’m naturally courteous. I tend to be socially deferential. I carry my neck and shoulders in a relaxed manner; and my arms are always loosely held.

I consciously work to assure that here are no body or behavioral, ‘tells’ about anything that I do - ‘Tells’ that might alert an observer to the fact that I'm usually heavily armed.

It’s been my experience that more alert people tend to watch the right hand side more than the left. (A behavioral characteristic that I've sometimes taken advantage of because I’m ambidextrous; and, with someone like me it’s often the left side that really needs to be watched.)

You've got to learn, ‘How’ to be instinctively cautious about the manner in which you dress, (My cover shirts and jackets are, all, a size too large!) as well as how subtly you habitually move your body. When everything is done right there is no: equipment checking, sagging belt line, or protruding gun butt to give you away. The extra magazines, the cell phone, knife, lighter, and unattached tac light are, all, ‘just there’.

ADDED: I usually carry a (humungous) full-size, Glock Model 21; and these are my own hard won, ‘esteemed thoughts’. Personally, I don't like having to control the high ignition pressure and excessively, ‘hard’ recoil of an S&W 40; so, I avoid carrying the caliber.

If I wanted a smallish, straight-shooting, 45 ACP pistol - one with easy-to-control recoil characteristics and absolutely minimal front sight dwell time - I'd probably go for either an H&K Compact, or one of the Glock Model 30’s. (I am NOT a fan of low magazine capacity SD pistols; and, significantly, I have always shot pistols with a wider backstrap better than a pistol with a narrower backstrap.)
    Pistolero...that's great verbage in describing great ways to a) be alert, b) minimize exposure, and c) keep an eye on things around you in a manner that deflects your (armed) nature and lowers the risk of confrontation due to having a 'cheerful' attitude.

I do a lot of the items listed on this list...especially the 'blading' part where I've got my pistol (side) turned slightly away from the individuals who're around me.

I do NOT wear Hawaian shirts...this way I will NOT be confused with Mr. Pistolero should we ever be in proximity to each other! I do, however, wear baggy t-shirts which covers everything nicely and has minimal printing if any (I'm 5' 9" and 190#...and working to lose about 15# more.) In the cooler months, I prefer a 1/2-zipped vest with my pistol in the 10:00 cross-draw position...which allows me excellent access while sitting in a vehicle with my seatbelt properly secured and my pistol not pinned below my coat with my seatbelt in place to restrict access. In the summer time, I sometimes just put my G-36 in my front shorts pocket and that way I can have my hand on it if necessary.

I've been courteous and actually allowed 'skeptical-looking' individuals go ahead of me in a convenience store...simply to keep me from having my back towards them in any manner...just to feel more comfortable. I've even left the line and gone to another part of the store, under the impressing of having 'forgotten' something...just to change the sequence of events that placed someone I'm not comfortable with behind me! Some have said I'm overly cautious...others have said I'm simply being prudent.

I stay alert...smile at others...practice being courteous by holding the door (which invariably puts people in front of me where I can see them instead of behind me), etc.

It's not hard to be safe...it just takes time and effort to practice the steps in a daily routine that keeps one (sort of) out of harms way and in a better position to respond should something happen in front of you...where you can see it! Many times I have my kids with me so there's an effort to minimize risk with them as well!
    Last edited by Amishman44; 06-30-2016 at 08:13 AM.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

I'm a baggy t-shirt guy too, but switch shirts with patterns on them, when carrying IWB or OWB.

Deck her, break her jaw, tear it right off of her face: that is my planned modus operendi for such things. Knock her eye right out of its socket, if that is what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by t4terrific View Post
    Excellent list!

To #9; Hawaiian Shirts are NOT the type of clothing a "stereotypical gun carrier" would be wearing.

It throws off the "dogs" from the scent, and takes their eyes away from noticing your face or your "bulges" as much. Hats and glasses do the same thing.

Instead of being the guy that's 6' tall, bulky in build, brown hair, hazel eyes,... You are the guy with the Hawaiian shirt, hat and glasses.

Sometimes a grey man is wearing bright flowers!
    OK, t4terrific. You gave yourself away on that one!

You obviously know me; so, which one of my gun clubs and/or indoor ranges do we share? If you're able to so correctly describe me, 'to a T' and also know the, somewhat uncommon, color of my eyes then you must know me pretty well - Yes! (Or maybe you're just, 'Carnac, the Magnificent'!)

PM me if you like.

Carnac knows!
    Stupidity Is The Most Common Form Of Communicable Human Disease; But, Unfortunately, It Appears To Be As Highly Contagious As It Is Predominantly Incurable!

Pistolero...at the range Click image for larger version.

Name:	thD7ZV4HX3.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	9401
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

OK, t4terrific. You gave yourself away on that one!

You obviously know me; so, which one of my gun clubs and/or indoor ranges do we share? If you're able to so correctly describe me, 'to a T' and also know the, somewhat uncommon, color of my eyes then you must know me pretty well - Yes! (Or maybe you're just, 'Carnac, the Magnificent'!)

PM me if you like.

Carnac knows!
    Maybe I'm your son.

What were you up to in the early months of 1976?

I was describing myself (sans the flowers).

In addition to me being: 6' tall, with a stocky build, brown hair, and hazel eyes, (Err, ....... 'highly intelligent hazel eyes') and usually seen wearing an unbloused Hawaiian shirt, baseball cap, and eyeglasses, the only thing you left out is the fact that I'm old - Old to the point of not even bothering to look at pretty women!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links