handgun stopping power

handgun stopping power

This is a discussion on handgun stopping power within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; Dave Spaulding discusses the stopping power with various caliber sizes for the pistol. Drawing on real world experience, his own thesis and autopsy results... Dave ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: handgun stopping power

handgun stopping power

Dave Spaulding discusses the stopping power with various caliber sizes for the pistol. Drawing on real world experience, his own thesis and autopsy results... Dave offers some interesting insights.
    I thought this was worth posting

1jimmy and RMD like this.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

RMD
    Good common sense advice. Use what you shoot best!
    i might know something

I like that three shot drill but most indoor ranges frown on three shot bursts
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I like that three shot drill but most indoor ranges frown on three shot bursts
    I haven't found that to be true in any range I have visited. Most frown on unloading an entire magazine in 3 seconds, but if you are drilling they have no problems. My new range rents full autos so most people unload an entire magazine in under 3 seconds anyway. I don't think I have seen anyone there with a full auto running controlled fire, they just let it rip. Ohh the good times

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Three ranges I visit here in the DFW area all have signs that say no more than two round bursts and some of them want a delay in between shots.
    There is a new range in FTW that allows drawing from a holster and rapid fire but you have to rent a "private suite"(23.00 an hour) and on the weekends they are backed up with people waiting.
    There has been a couple of times I was asked to slow down because I was shooting to fast (for them)

Three ranges I visit here in the DFW area all have signs that say no more than two round bursts and some of them want a delay in between shots.
    There is a new range in FTW that allows drawing from a holster and rapid fire but you have to rent a "private suite"(23.00 an hour) and on the weekends they are backed up with people waiting.
    There has been a couple of times I was asked to slow down because I was shooting to fast (for them)
    That sucks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    That sucks!
    That’s part of living in a big city and ranges having to deal with the wide verity of people, not to mention the anti's accusing them military training. When I was in a private gun club we weren’t allow wearing commo’s on the range or shooting silhouette targets for that very reason. I am looking forward to going to FTW and shooting at the private suits gun range but its some 45 miles away and it take a lot of the day just to shoot an hour

That’s part of living in a big city and ranges having to deal with the wide verity of people, not to mention the anti's accusing them military training. When I was in a private gun club we weren’t allow wearing commo’s on the range or shooting silhouette targets for that very reason. I am looking forward to going to FTW and shooting at the private suits gun range but its some 45 miles away and it take a lot of the day just to shoot an hour
    I'm a member of the largest indoor range in the country and I'm happy to say we have none of those restrictions. We also have 3 other indoor ranges and 2 public outdoor and 3 private outdoor clubs in my area and they are non restrictive. The one on the Military base has caliber restrictions but that's about it.

check this one out, its in german but you will get the point

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    I'm a member of the largest indoor range in the country and I'm happy to say we have none of those restrictions. We also have 3 other indoor ranges and 2 public outdoor and 3 private outdoor clubs in my area and they are non restrictive. The one on the Military base has caliber restrictions but that's about it.
    That's a great situation to have, ZK

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...

rowabi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links