The very real limits on constitutional carry: The problem with gun-free school zones

The very real limits on constitutional carry: The problem with gun-free school zones

This is a discussion on The very real limits on constitutional carry: The problem with gun-free school zones within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; We have recently noted that with new laws being passed in West Virginia and Idaho it is possible to carry concealed handguns in 10 states ...

We have recently noted that with new laws being passed in West Virginia and Idaho it is possible to carry concealed handguns in 10 states without a permit (in addition, in Montana you can do that outside of city limits). But Federal law clearly hasn’t caught up with the Constitutional Carry movement. The problem is that the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act prohibits firearms of any kind within 1,000 feet of a school ground, and not the center of the school, but the edge of the property. “School” is defined as K-12 and includes public schools, private schools, parochial schools, and in some places possibly home schools. Idaho lets you carry in these school zones if you have a concealed handgun permit,
    constitutional carry has a lot to be desired, fact is it is a trap. it leaves you open to anyone that wants to call in and say their scared

The Very Real Limits on Constitutional Carry: The Problem with Gun-Free School Zones - Crime Prevention Research CenterCrime Prevention Research Center
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I carried openly in WV and there was a school on my block, but it never stopped me from toting a gun. I have caught a lot of flak for open carry though, by the cops.
    And there are plenty of people who do not like it either. Anyone can call in, and say that you are walking down the street talking to yourself; and viola, you are stopped by the cops.
    (That 1,000 foot rule is a bogus trick that was employed by Bill Clinton. I am not sure if it has ever been challenged in court.)

Sponsored Links