Family speaks out about vehicle-house fire in West Portsmouth

This is a discussion on Family speaks out about vehicle-house fire in West Portsmouth within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; [What is going on with all of the vehicle fires now-a-days?] SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- UPDATE 11/24/19 @ 7 p.m. The Montavon family says ...

[What is going on with all of the vehicle fires now-a-days?]

SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- UPDATE 11/24/19 @ 7 p.m.
    The Montavon family says seeing their home go up in flames wasn't only tragic, but also déjà vu. [Deja vu, is that a French Fry or something?]

Very little remains after a vehicle fire burned a West Portsmouth home to the ground"We had an electrical fire in 2012 and it gutted the inside," said homeowner, Regina Montavon. "We were able to rebuild back in the same spot." Firefighters say a pickup truck with two men inside caught fire on Dry Run Road in Scioto County Thursday. The two men knocked on a neighboring home to call 911 but no one was there. That's when they ran to Regina's door and asked her to call the fire department.

"While waiting it was probably ten to fifteen minutes and the truck started exploding," Regina tells WSAZ. "The horn started blowing, the lights started flashing and it just took off as fast as it could down our hill, ramped our hill and just went full force right up our steps into our house." [Someone needs to call Ghostbusters.]

The truck crashed into the home, setting the entire house on fire. "It immediately just exploded and the front of our house was engulfed." Regina says her parents were visiting her to discuss their Thanksgiving dinner plans.[Those plans have changed dramatically, I would assume.] Luckily, everyone was able to get out of the home including all of their pets.

The Montavon's also say the outreach from the community has been overwhelming. "All of Scioto County has come up huge," said Chris Montavon, Regin'a husband. "Everyone has come together and the support has just blown us away, just shows you how big our God is."
    The Ohio State Fire Marshal is investigating both the cause of the vehicle fire and the house fire. [Fire Marshall Bill will find out what happened, even if he has to make it up.]

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Cr...565311352.html
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 11-25-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Pretty stupid they don't list the truck brand.

2 Fords have self ignited with people I know. My step dad had a F250 that did that with the key turned off. My brother inlaw's F150 did that too. His was a switch attached to the master cylinder that would develop a leak. It would blow fuses and we didn't know why. Eventually it heated up the brake fluid and it caught fire at 2am. It burned to the ground. I saw a house near where my land used to be in Florida. Big 2 car garage, hole burnt through the roof, F150 sitting on the slab. That defect was in a bunch of the cars too.

I will not build a house with an attached garage. I do too much in the shop that could cause a fire.

How in the fuck does a truck roll down the hill if the thing is in park? Was the driver that stupid? Don't answer. Journalists are stoooooopid...........

BTW glock.pro pales to the glockforum. com no aps47 horseshit...........I'm liking it.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    Pretty stupid they don't list the truck brand.

2 Fords have self ignited with people I know. My step dad had a F250 that did that with the key turned off. My brother inlaw's F150 did that too. His was a switch attached to the master cylinder that would develop a leak. It would blow fuses and we didn't know why. Eventually it heated up the brake fluid and it caught fire at 2am. It burned to the ground. I saw a house near where my land used to be in Florida. Big 2 car garage, hole burnt through the roof, F150 sitting on the slab. That defect was in a bunch of the cars too.

I will not build a house with an attached garage. I do too much in the shop that could cause a fire.

How in the fuck does a truck roll down the hill if the thing is in park? Was the driver that stupid? Don't answer. Journalists are stoooooopid...........

BTW glock.pro pales to the glockforum. com no aps47 horseshit...........I'm liking it.
    I cannot recall car fires, from when I was a kid/teenager, circa 1970; and I cannot recall cars flipping over during crashes like they do now. It is common to hear that one of those things happened, on any day of the news week. IMHO, they have too much plastic and stuff, so they are way too light. So when they get popped, it is not hard to roll one of them.

I tried to show a guy how to jump his car, and I was stupefied when I realized, that I could not locate the battery, I had to look it up on the web, it was a VW, and the battery is located under the seat.

Man, that is nuts, and it is that way to save space; but it is still crazy. The EPA and fuel standards, and other retards in DC who are worthless, I suspect that they have caused that.

And I will take another look at Glockpro, but I am on so many forums, that I have had to cull a few. So, I am starting out with that handicap in mind.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; Yesterday at 06:53 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    I have a 2005 Lesabre, it's under the seat. I have been in 2 roll overs. "57 Beetle in 1974, and a '56 Beetle in 1981. Ethanol blended fuel is more volatile than straight gas. EFI cars the fuel system is high pressure. People don't know how to drive their way out of a bad situation, they can't drive. The rest are texting.

Fuck Glockpro. Sleepy little place. glockforum. com is busy like this place was. Nice bunch of members......I miss spoke gr8fuldoug is selling over there selling hi stuff, aps47 may show up
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Sponsored Links