(PA) Bloomsburg Fair bans guns... - Page 2

(PA) Bloomsburg Fair bans guns...

This is a discussion on (PA) Bloomsburg Fair bans guns... within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; Originally Posted by barstoolguru ? it is after all a precaution; we don't carry a gun because we are expecting trouble but because it might ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: (PA) Bloomsburg Fair bans guns...

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    ?

it is after all a precaution; we don't carry a gun because we are expecting trouble but because it might happen. just because there has never been "trouble" doesn't mean there hasn't been... it is just hidden. no big fair like that is trouble free
    So like kj89 you never go anywhere where there might be the slightest risk of getting shot? So, say, if you cut yourself where you needed stitches you'd shoot yourself in the head rather than "risk" a trip to the ER where guns are banned? And I've always wondered what an armed CC'er would do if a thug stuck a gun in his face or belly. Would the CCW matter?

Quote Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post
    So like kj89 you never go anywhere where there might be the slightest risk of getting shot? So, say, if you cut yourself where you needed stitches you'd shoot yourself in the head rather than "risk" a trip to the ER where guns are banned? And I've always wondered what an armed CC'er would do if a thug stuck a gun in his face or belly. Would the CCW matter?
    This isn't even a valid argument.

first off ER are not off limits UNLESS they are posted with a 30.06 sign here in Texas. I avoid places that step on my rights when ever necessary. as far as sticking a gun in my face or gut I would comply and if so shoot but my life is not worth the things I carry. something to keep in mind here in Texas you can shoot a fleeing felon if YOU still think they pose a threat and I will. a fool or a hot head I am not so I try look like I am someone that will give a fight for what I have
    LightSaber likes this.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

The N.C. State Fair (not private but on state-owned land) has never allowed guns and in fact my son had to check his pocket knife at the gate a couple of years back.

I have a question for Kj89 ... if there's never been a gun incident there, why do you feel you have to be armed?

NO place has had a gun incident...until their first gun incident!
    Glock 23 Gen4
    Glock 42 Gen4

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    NO place has had a gun incident...until their first gun incident!
    this line of though supports the need for more gun training before a CCW permit is issued, just because you can pass a class doesn't mean you are skilled in the proper handling of a firearm.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

*UPDATE

It appears that they have lifted the ban and will permit licensed concealed carriers after boycott petitions started going around.
    Mere days after announcing that all firearms would be banned from the fairgrounds, Bloomsburg Fair officials said today concealed firearms would be permitted for people with “updated, proper permits.

Bloomsburg Fair lifts proposed ban on legally documented firearms » News » The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA
    barstoolguru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kj89 View Post
    *UPDATE

It appears that they have lifted the ban and will permit licensed concealed carriers after boycott petitions started going around.

Bloomsburg Fair lifts proposed ban on legally documented firearms » News » The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA
    the power of cash, a ground swell that really grew and they seen it

I wonder if the idiots will now rush to pass a law that one needs a special permit from the county
    Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If they allow concealed weapons, how are they going to know who's carrying and who isn't? You know, to check for those 'updated, proper permits'???

Doesn't matter to me if they know who's carrying or not; the point is not disarming law abiding citizens that have the proper license to carry. It's no longer a Gun Free Zone making it an easy target for the ill-intended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links