Starbucks: Guns unwelcome, but not banned from stores

This is a discussion on Starbucks: Guns unwelcome, but not banned from stores within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; Most states allow people to openly carry licensed guns in some way and many companies do not have laws banning firearms in their stores. But ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LightSaber
  • 1 Post By spclayne
  • 1 Post By 9mil

Thread: Starbucks: Guns unwelcome, but not banned from stores

Most states allow people to openly carry licensed guns in some way and many companies do not have laws banning firearms in their stores. But Starbucks has become a target for gun control advocates, in part because of its liberal-leaning corporate image. In turn, gun rights advocates have been galvanized by the company's decision to defer to local laws.
    this is what happens when you beat something to death, instead of respecting the co people show up toting guns and making the non gun crowd uncomfortable

Read more: Starbucks: Guns unwelcome, but not banned from stores | Fox News
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

A story about nothing, really. If they aren't going to ask you to leave, what's the problem? Then again, this is Arizona down here. EVERYONE carries, some concealed, some not.

They're just trying to satisfy everyone. I'm ok with it
    9mil likes this.
    Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

OK with it too....I carry concealed, and if they know I have it on me to feel uncomfortable, then I'm doing it wrong.
    9mil likes this.

It's about respect.

As a gun-onwer who would carry in public, you have to understand how non-gun owners feel about them and respect that feeling. Proving points and making scenes just makes you look bad, along with every other law-abiding carrier. Keep it concealed and no one gets bent.

I feel the same about people who bring dogs into stores and restaurants—I don't particularly like dogs, and I would hope people who owned dogs would respect the fact that not everyone is comfortable around them and leave them at home. Lots of people feel the same about kids, too. As someone who has guns, dogs or kids, you need to be aware of your surroundings and make sure that you infringe on others as minimally as possible.

It's pretty simple. I don't begrudge any individual or company who makes a statement like that.
    Last edited by 9mil; 09-18-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    lineman475 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    It's the Indian, not the arrow.

It's the way I feel. I'm not going to argue or debate with people about this kind of stuff. Many of times I've listened to someone grip about guns while I was carrying (cc) and looked at the person and said it's America, everyone has an opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mil View Post
    It's about respect.

As a gun-onwer who would carry in public, you have to understand how non-gun owners feel about them and respect that feeling.
    Good point, but respect is a two-way street.

Well one thing is for sure I will never go into another Starbucks again!
    Love is not because or if. It is in spite of all.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    Well one thing is for sure I will never go into another Starbucks again!
    That's what they want. Don't give in. They're not going to ask you to leave anyhow.

Lets face it our group (the gun rights group) did this to ourselves. By making Starbucks the focal point on an issue they never wanted to be a part of. At first they wanted appease every one by simply stating they would go along with the states laws where the store is located and asked to not be involved in the overall debate. We watched as everyone jumped on and created Starbucks appreciation day, guns and coffee stickers with the Starbucks logo, and bringing in AR-15 style rifles to drink coffee. This has forced the hand of the company to somewhat pick a side but again trying to stay neutral, implementing a policy that does not do anything or have any teeth. In the frenzy to prove a point we are doing nothing but giving the overall 2nd amendment group a black eye by looking like a bunch of going toting fanatics by showing no regard to others. Proving a point at the cost of others does no one any good.

Sponsored Links