Officer takes cover as man with concealed carry permit fires at suspect

This is a discussion on Officer takes cover as man with concealed carry permit fires at suspect within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; The permit holder told police he was about to enter an AT&T store at 4756 W. Cal-Sag Road around noon on Saturday when he noticed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Officer takes cover as man with concealed carry permit fires at suspect

The permit holder told police he was about to enter an AT&T store at 4756 W. Cal-Sag Road around noon on Saturday when he noticed the store was being robbed, Crestwood police said in a statement. The man stayed outside to prevent anyone from entering, police said, and after he saw the suspect leaving through a back door, entered the store and chased him.

police have decided not to file charges against an 86-year-old man who fired his weapon at an armed robbery suspect who was fleeing

86-year-old won't be charged in concealed carry shooting, prosecutors say - chicagotribune.com
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

talk about double standard he isn't being charged because he is old!! if someone younger would have tried to play cop there would be charges filed there was no longer a threat as the suspect was fleeing. like the old man that chased the pregnant girl down an alley and shot her to death to teach her bf a lesson.
    GLOCK 17 GEN 4
    GLOCK 43
    H&K VP9
    Bushmaster AR15

Quote Originally Posted by salvo View Post
    talk about double standard he isn't being charged because he is old!! if someone younger would have tried to play cop there would be charges filed there was no longer a threat as the suspect was fleeing. like the old man that chased the pregnant girl down an alley and shot her to death to teach her bf a lesson.
    get your AARP card while they last
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I cant wait to get old and play superhero lol
    GLOCK 17 GEN 4
    GLOCK 43
    H&K VP9
    Bushmaster AR15

or vigilante I should say
    GLOCK 17 GEN 4
    GLOCK 43
    H&K VP9
    Bushmaster AR15

Personally, I hope the PC pendulum is swinging back to the good guys. Up until the mid to late 60's it was OK to shoot a fleeing felon in the back. If you ordered them to stop or you'd shoot... and they kept running... they were bought & paid for! It helped thin the human herd of repeat offenders. When bad guys knew they could be shot in the back fleeing a crime...felony crime wasn't nearly as bad as it is today. Innocent people don't need to run when a cop or homeowner tells them to stop.
    Last edited by David2014; 07-29-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    LoboTBLMC and Swampfox762 like this.
    You can't blame people for wanting to protect themselves, as they see the reality of law enforcement: that law is enforced only after the law shows up. That can be a problem if you're already dead.” Greg Gutfeld / Fox News

I'm with David on this. The simple fact is that society is better off without criminals or at least fewer criminals. I'm not wholeheartedly in favor of vigilantism per se but I do believe there are times when a citizen can and should use deadly force to prevent the commission of a serious crime and/or the escape of a person who just committed a serious crime. For clarification; by serious crime, I am referring to any felony and any misdemeanor falling under the categories of assault or theft other than minor thefts of <$50.
    David2014 and Swampfox762 like this.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

~You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas. ~ Davy Crockett

Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, my kindness for weakness or my attention for admiration ~ Me

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    get your AARP card while they last
    Screw AARP...get your AMAC card...it's a much better choice (he he)!
    NunquamNonParatus likes this.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

Quote Originally Posted by David2014 View Post
    Personally, I hope the PC pendulum is swinging back to the good guys. Up until the mid to late 60's it was OK to shoot a fleeing felon in the back. If you ordered them to stop or you'd shoot... and they kept running... they were bought & paid for! It helped thin the human herd of repeat offenders. When bad guys knew they could be shot in the back fleeing a crime...felony crime wasn't nearly as bad as it is today. Innocent people don't need to run when a cop or homeowner tells them to stop.
    I'm not directly advocating shooing someone in the back...but I'll use this as a reference for another perspective. As a former high school teacher, kids naturally split up into various groups while in high school. You have those kids who will do anything, regardless of the consequences because they simply don't care what happens to them until after it happens. You also have those kids who will never do anything because they understand the consequences and make the wise choice to avoid the negatives in life. Then you have those in the middle...who, if they think they will not get caught and have negative consequences will go ahead and do a few stupid things for kicks or for payback or whatever. However, if you 'penalize' (read 'slam dunk') the first kid who does something stupid or wrong in your class...and the rest of them see / find out about it, you've quickly reigned in a majority of the issues in the classroom because the largest number of kids will want to avoid the consequences...especially if they see them handed out on 1 or 2 kids.

Example: In GA, the high school I was teaching at was being remodeled, so several classes were being held in classroom trailers parked outside the school building. Because we, as teachers, had to clean them (thank you lazy union custodians) we decided to have a 'no food or drinks' policy when in the classroom trailers. My 1st week on the job, I had a kid bring a Dr. Pepper into the classroom and pop the top on it (thinking he was conspicuous) but I heard it. I stopped and stared at him for a few seconds...then asked him if he had brought a drink into my classroom? He, of course, replied 'no'...so I had him bring it up and set it on my desk (I was simply going to hold it for him during classroom time.) When he got to the desk, he took a quick drink before he sat it down (MISTAKE!) When he got back to his seat and sat down, I was holding his drink...told him thanks for bringing my favorite drink for me...and proceeded to pound it right in front of him. He got pissed and said I owed him $.50 for the pop. I told him I believed it was a gift! Other kids said to him, 'Hey, coach warned us...you should have known better!' Point being...I never had a issue with food or drinks in my classroom again! The kids quickly figured out I was serious about what I had said...and after that incident, they believed me!
    Last edited by Amishman44; 07-30-2014 at 08:32 AM.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    AARP=backing gun control, and they made millions promoting the lie of Obamacare
    Amishman44 and Dub1973 like this.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links