Looking for a SS9 - Page 3

Looking for a SS9

This is a discussion on Looking for a SS9 within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; Originally Posted by rowdy115 I've shot an LC9s. Loved the trigger on it, but I found it to be a bit of a stinger to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Looking for a SS9

Quote Originally Posted by rowdy115 View Post
    I've shot an LC9s. Loved the trigger on it, but I found it to be a bit of a stinger to shoot. I enjoyed shooting my Shield more and was more accurate with it...and that's a .40 shield not the 9mm. Personal preference I suppose. I believe you already mentioned it, but if you get the LC9s I'd make sure and get the PRO model without the safety and magazine disconnect.
    Yep I was looking at the pro. I had the shield in .40 I liked it except for the grip. I put a pachmar sleeve on it to make it feel good. Question for ya though you say it's a bit of a stinger to shoot , compared to the shield .40 165 grain or 180 grain. Cause 180 grain out of the shield wasn't fun for me.
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Dub1973 View Post
    I'm looking into the Ruger LC9s pro. Lightweight, about the same size as the shield. Just dry firing it the other day; I think it has a nicer trigger than the shield. Just another single stack 9 to consider.
    I considered the LC9S Pro until I realized you need a punch to field strip it. Even my CM9 I can field strip with no tools.
    Glock 19
    Glock 43
    Ruger LCP Custom
    Ruger LCR
    S&W M&P22

Quote Originally Posted by Dub1973 View Post
    Yep I was looking at the pro. I had the shield in .40 I liked it except for the grip. I put a pachmar sleeve on it to make it feel good. Question for ya though you say it's a bit of a stinger to shoot , compared to the shield .40 165 grain or 180 grain. Cause 180 grain out of the shield wasn't fun for me.
    165 grain. And that was just my personal opinion on that. I just didn't enjoy shooting the Pro as much as the Shield. Pro felt very light and I don't think it absorbed recoil as well as the Shield.
    Last edited by rowdy115; 02-26-2015 at 05:40 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Senior Member PurpleMountainOutdoors's Avatar
    165 grain. And that was just my personal opinion on that. I just didn't enjoy shooting the Pro as much as the Shield. Pro felt very light and I don't think it absorbed recoil as well as the Shield.
    The shield is greater than the sum of its parts imo.
    NunquamNonParatus likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=JenisonShorty;111071]It seems most guys like the Shield over the XDs9. I've shot the Shield several times and like it, but am also intrigued by the Springfield. So why so much more love for the Shield vs the XDs?

When I looked for a deep concealment gun a few weeks ago I got to handle both the Shield 9 and XDs9. Bought the Shield due to the trigger and feel. XDs felt good but I didn't like the trigger nearly as much when I dry-fired it. No regrets because the Shield has been extremely accurate (when I do my job of course) and very comfortable to shoot. Works great both as a range gun and EDC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
    Kahr cm9 is a good gun.
    My LGS' website shows they have one in stock. Might check it out, heard great things about the cm9.

I've shot an LC9s. Loved the trigger on it, but I found it to be a bit of a stinger to shoot. I enjoyed shooting my Shield more and was more accurate with it...and that's a .40 shield not the 9mm. Personal preference I suppose. I believe you already mentioned it, but if you get the LC9s I'd make sure and get the PRO model without the safety and magazine disconnect.
    Same here with the LC9s. I thought the trigger was sweet but it was a stingers and wasn't very accurate for me. I also had the Shield 40 but I actually wasn't a fan of it at the time since for the life of me I couldn't get used to the trigger. Go figure because I LOVE the trigger on the Shield 9.

Senior Member PurpleMountainOutdoors's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apexglock View Post
    My LGS' website shows they have one in stock. Might check it out, heard great things about the cm9.
    I love mine. Tiny and effective. Also look at the cw9 if your looking for something shield size.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JenisonShorty View Post
    It seems most guys like the Shield over the XDs9. I've shot the Shield several times and like it, but am also intrigued by the Springfield. So why so much more love for the Shield vs the XDs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Shield appeals to more shooters, in my opinion, because it lacks the abhorent XD grip safety. The Shield has a thumb safety, but it can be used or ignored.

My wife loves her Shield. I like it too, but will be spending my single stack nine dollars on a Walther CCP or Ruger LC9s.

I finally shot an XDs today and didn't really care for it. I definitely like the Shield better, however, I just got my GSSF Pistol Purchase Certificate and may go the 26 route. I know there's rumors of the 43 coming soon, but not sure I want to be a beta tester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NunquamNonParatus likes this.
    G17 FDE, G42
    CZ75 SP-01

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links