..no range visit for quite a while..

This is a discussion on ..no range visit for quite a while.. within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; . have an injury to my right (my shootin' arm) forearm so I haven't been range shooting in a while but just had to get ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Whisky

Thread: ..no range visit for quite a while..

Montgomery, Tx now, but California, Germany x2, Georgia, Alabama, Hawaii and, oh yeah, Vietnam twice

have an injury to my right (my shootin' arm) forearm so I haven't been range shooting in a while but just had to get out. I took along my Rebel .22cal w/the Meuler APV Scope - resting on it's bipod it doesn't hurt my arm to shoot it - went thru 2 boxes of ammo but forgot to take my bore snake so didn't shoot more - was good to get out and the Rebel is a hoot to shoot..

might take my Wife's PCC or her .17hmr next as both sit on bipods so no recoil to punish the hurt forearm

Rebel is the lower in the pic (.17hmr the upper rifle)
    BBtruck likes this.
    Martin Baker Tie Club member

NICE guns!Hope your arm gets better soon.
    G19X
    G27 GEN4 FDE
    HK USP EXPERT 9MM
    HK USP TACTICAL 45 / AAC Ti-RANT 45 SILENCER
    COLT GOLD CUP TROPHY STAINLESS 45
    S&W 686+ STAINLESS 357 MAG 4" BARREL

Montgomery, Tx now, but California, Germany x2, Georgia, Alabama, Hawaii and, oh yeah, Vietnam twice
    thank you - the danged arm is slow to mend - I've got yard work that requires that I use it (instead of resting it) and that keep irritating the thing

those are a couple of our "fun" guns - a joy to shoot (not to mention that the ammo isn't expensive)

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Nice set. Get better, grouch.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - G.B. Shaw

I've got a .17 HMR but she ain't near as purddy as yours ! Hope you don't mind if I lust after it for a while.. Lol
    Hope your arm heals soon.
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

thanks - I too hope my are is well soon - the .17hmr is my Wife's (but I get to shoot it.. )

Nice guns whisky, I a have the same issue as you do with my shoulder. I have a ton of yard work to do but this Rotator Cuff has me all screwed up.Have made it to the range though as it hurts less to shoot than to trim hedges.Glad you got out to send a few down range.Hope that arm is better soon.The Rebel looks like a great gun.Happy Independance day as well, not that we have that much to be happy about since the Supreme Court got done with us but enjoy it anyway.-Cowboy

sorta off topic - I was at the VA facility yesterday morning - a follow up on the recently prescribed BP meds and the taking of blood for testing. the "blood taker" was going to "take" from my right arm (the injured one) so I asked him to "do" the left one. he probed a couple of times and couldn't find the vein (ouch) so went back to the right arm (eureka) (glad he found it there 'cause I couldn't imagine where he'd have gone next.....)

anyway, I re-spoke with the Texas Vet Advocate (about a couple of Service Connected health claims) but while there I asked him about a PTSD claim/CHL and firearm ownership - to which he pulled out his CHL and said that he's 70% PTSD and not to be concerned about it

Wow Whisky, I hope that is the case or that they just haven't gotten to him yet.That would be good news all the way around, thanks Bro.-Cowboy
    Last edited by Cowboy; 07-01-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Sponsored Links