Taurus to enter the AR market 3rd Quarter of 17 - Page 2

Taurus to enter the AR market 3rd Quarter of 17

This is a discussion on Taurus to enter the AR market 3rd Quarter of 17 within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus M4 contract. TFB had it in an email in the last few days. This wasn't the article I was looking for ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Taurus to enter the AR market 3rd Quarter of 17

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    M4 contract. TFB had it in an email in the last few days. This wasn't the article I was looking for Colt Capitalizes on Foreign Military Sales Program - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog
    A FMS contract makes sense. Not sure about the politics of FN supplying weapons to some of our middle east partners. The majority of the M16 rifles i see are FN, but all of the carbines (i've seen) are Colt. Colt is still out there doing work, but a fraction of the market share they used to have.

When i drive through Hartford, the huge 1 million square foot Colt plant is empty...recently saw an article they laid off their custom shop and are down to bare bones. CT isn't exactly a great place to live or try to run a business with tax burden being 3rd highest in the nation...wonder how much more time they have left until they close up shop and license their name to someone else?
    Gen 3 Glocks: 23, 29, 30
    Gen 4 Glocks: 17, 19, 21, 26, 34, 43

US Navy 1998 - TBD

The QC of Taurus isn't exactly world renowned and they are showing up to the party quite late.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

~You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas. ~ Davy Crockett

Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, my kindness for weakness or my attention for admiration ~ Me

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Savage, Springfield, etc-etc. I guess with all the new AR mfr's the grabbers will have a harder time banning them. Heck Grabagun has the Omni hybrid for $399 now American Tactical Imports Omni Hybrid Maxx Black .223 / 5.56 NATO 16-Inch 30Rd 13-inch KeyMod Rail MidwayUSA has been sending out monster pricing on Glock, and S&W mags lately. I got a Serpa holster for my G21 last night that was cheap. I wanted to get one for the 17. (my G27 can handle the duty for now if needed) They will run the sale again. I got the carbon fiber model for less than the regular polymer. "A chicken in every pot, and an AR in every closet!"

Good time to be a gun guy! Now if PSA would run the blem AR9 LRHO billet lowers again. Always out of stock. I should have bought 2 when they had them.
    LoboTBLMC likes this.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBLMC View Post
    The QC of Taurus isn't exactly world renowned and they are showing up to the party quite late.
    I have a revolver ad its as tight as any colt or S&W, they are competing with co's like ruger for that toy gun market share
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I had one of there guns, pt 24 (45cal.) Could not hit anything at 5 feet distance.

I have a Taurus PT99...looks like a beretta 92 except has a frame mounted safety/decocker and huge adjustable night sights. I think I paid about 300 for it used...never any reliability problems and is amazingly accurate.

That said, I've handled enough Taurus merchandise and read enough reviews to not buy another one.
    Gen 3 Glocks: 23, 29, 30
    Gen 4 Glocks: 17, 19, 21, 26, 34, 43

US Navy 1998 - TBD

I took out my new Taurus 709Slim last Friday. Adjustable rear sight just like my PT111 G2. Both shoot low and left. If fed it a variety of ammo. NATO spec MEN, Winchester forged, XTP capped Freedom reloads, and Perflunkta. Ate 'em all! I only have one mag for the 709. Damned things are hard to get locally, and they are $30 a pop.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

IMO the party is over, at least until the next Presidential election cycle.

A friend of mine has a .22 pistol. It's far from stellar and further from being valuable or of quality. It's a little pocket gun can't be worth more than $50.
    G19X
    G27 GEN4 FDE
    HK USP EXPERT 9MM
    HK USP TACTICAL 45 / AAC Ti-RANT 45 SILENCER
    COLT GOLD CUP TROPHY STAINLESS 45
    S&W 686+ STAINLESS 357 MAG 4" BARREL

Quote Originally Posted by Specter6 View Post
    A friend of mine has a .22 pistol. It's far from stellar and further from being valuable or of quality. It's a little pocket gun can't be worth more than $50.
    And how old?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links