Taurus to enter the AR market 3rd Quarter of 17 - Page 3

Taurus to enter the AR market 3rd Quarter of 17

This is a discussion on Taurus to enter the AR market 3rd Quarter of 17 within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; I like Taurus,i'd give a good look at an AR when it make one....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Taurus to enter the AR market 3rd Quarter of 17

I like Taurus,i'd give a good look at an AR when it make one.
    Semper Fi.

I'm a Democrat and love my guns,that's a fact!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ifithitu View Post
    I like Taurus,i'd give a good look at an AR when it make one.
    If you don't own an AR15 now is a great time to get one. If you think you like FDE this is a great mid length gas system gun.PSA 16" 5.56 NATO 1:8 MOE Freedom Rifle, Flat Dark Earth - 516446191 $42 to add a rear MBUS and you're good to go.
    Operator6 likes this.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    If you don't own an AR15 now is a great time to get one. If you think you like FDE this is a great mid length gas system gun.PSA 16" 5.56 NATO 1:8 MOE Freedom Rifle, Flat Dark Earth - 516446191 $42 to add a rear MBUS and you're good to go.
    I have one rifle as of now,a Ruger AR-556.
    Semper Fi.

I'm a Democrat and love my guns,that's a fact!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ifithitu View Post
    I have one rifle as of now,a Ruger AR-556.
    That's right. I forgot that was your thread.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

You can get a Ruger 556 with front/rear sights with 2 mags for 550.00 free ship. Sportsman's outdoors online. I've purchased from them before and they are legit. If you consider the rear sights and extra mag it's not that much more than the Palmetto.

The advantage? Many of the PSA's is midlength gas system. Carbine length has more recoil. After having shoulder surgery, that is a nice feature.

The advantage? Many of the PSA's is midlength gas system. Carbine length has more recoil. After having shoulder surgery, that is a nice feature.
    The advantage is another choice and possibly a higher resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    The advantage is another choice and possibly a higher resale value.
    For the Taurus? Even if it is $800 that is high for a generic AR. Springfield has the "Saint" is it? Maybe I am confused on that. Still they are $800 with a better name. Except locals in Illinois and other places (gun boards) are pissed at Springfield and Rock River for backing gun control legislation in IL. I own all PSA's. Aero upper an lower good quality parts. Built well. I do have a Colt 6920LE it nice too. Both as far as I can tell? The same quality. I don't know if the all the PSA bolts are high pressure tested or not. MPI yes. I have a bag of BCG's when they were on sale.

For the Taurus? Even if it is $800 that is high for a generic AR. Springfield has the "Saint" is it? Maybe I am confused on that. Still they are $800 with a better name. Except locals in Illinois and other places (gun boards) are pissed at Springfield and Rock River for backing gun control legislation in IL. I own all PSA's. Aero upper an lower good quality parts. Built well. I do have a Colt 6920LE it nice too. Both as far as I can tell? The same quality. I don't know if the all the PSA bolts are high pressure tested or not. MPI yes. I have a bag of BCG's when they were on sale.
    You posted a deal on a Palmetto AR. 450.00 without a rear sight. I posted that a Ruger 556 could be had with a rear sight for 550.

Not much difference once you figure in the cost of a rear sight. I think the Ruger would have a higher resale value.

I haven't commented about the Taurus Ar. Personally I do not care much for Taurus firearms.
    NunquamNonParatus likes this.

The only thing I know about the Ruger is the trigger I tried was gritty. Depending on which model you get you may or may not get the QD sling mount. I didn't check the hand guard on the Ruger for heat shields. One draw back on the M&P Sporters. The buttstock is the wobbly POS that I remove right away. An aluminum gas block under heavy use could leak. In this video Hickok mentioned the trigger. The Sporter I have shot had a very nice trigger for an entry gun. The barrel on a Sporter might be a better choice than the PSA I showed, and this one. To hear him mention this is built in NC makes me think it could be a Bear Creek Arsenal with a Ruger roll stamp.edit this is made in a Ruger owned facility) The MP in the video is no longer built, they went to the Sporter II with the dustcover and forward assist. S&W has a proprietary treatment on the barrel which they aren't giving up. It maybe similar to Melanite.

Last edited by NunquamNonParatus; 06-06-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links