Purchasing new AR, not sure which to buy. First AR.

This is a discussion on Purchasing new AR, not sure which to buy. First AR. within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; I am purchasing my first AR. I have three choices, since I just won't spend $1000+ on a gun. I also only purchase from a ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Purchasing new AR, not sure which to buy. First AR.

I am purchasing my first AR. I have three choices, since I just won't spend $1000+ on a gun. I also only purchase from a local dealer, and this is what they have. They are all three the same price.

Ruger AR-556
    APF Econo Carbine, optics ready.
    M&P Sport II

I also have the option if an APF Econo Carbine with an optic from the factory.

I am aware that there may be better deals to be had online and so on, but I like to give my business to the local guy.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

The APF with the optic is $100 more.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    M&P. Hammer is a MIM part. Metal injection modeled. It may last for ever. The hand guard has no heat shields. Look up Mr.Gunsandgear for his review on Ytube, or Full30.com I like the trigger on it. The barrel is supposed to have a "secret" treatment for wear.

2 years ago I tried the Ruger. Gritty trigger. Never heard of the APF.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Pretty easy to build you own right now. I have a Bushmaster M4 that has worked well for years.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Pretty easy to build you own right now. I have a Bushmaster M4 that has worked well for years.
    I am not experienced enough to build my own, and I want to have something to take to the range the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    M&P. Hammer is a MIM part. Metal injection modeled. It may last for ever. The hand guard has no heat shields. Look up Mr.Gunsandgear for his review on Ytube, or Full30.com I like the trigger on it. The barrel is supposed to have a "secret" treatment for wear.

2 years ago I tried the Ruger. Gritty trigger. Never heard of the APF.
    APF is Alex Pro Firearms. They are the same people that did all the metal work for DPMS before they left Minnesota, so they decided to start making their own firearms.

I have never heard a complaint about the SPII. You can switch out the handguard with an upgrade later if you so wish. I don't like the grip. Same as my M&P15-22, and one of my PSA AR9's. I have replaced them since then. Some people like them. Also had the same buttstock on them. Replaced one (not the 15-22)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Depending on the Ruger you're looking at? Not sure what is done to the inside of the barrel. If you're not going to war? WTF, you won't wear any of them out.

Make sure it is 556 and 223 .

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Make sure it is 556 and 223 .
    For sure wont buy one that's only .223, unless it's the 223WYLDE.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links