Why the arguments Glock and HK ?

This is a discussion on Why the arguments Glock and HK ? within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; why is everyone always so up in arms about these brands. fighting, reliability wars, yotta, yotta, yotta ..... I own 1 of each, they each ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why the arguments Glock and HK ?

why is everyone always so up in arms about these brands.
    fighting, reliability wars, yotta, yotta, yotta .....

I own 1 of each, they each have their merits, each has their downfalls.

why do the HK people think their guns are better, and vice versa?

is it loyalty? or preference ?

or just something to complain about ?

is it really worth the markup in price for the HK, i this so, for their extra milling precess, and the cut lies and mfgr'ing process of the HK over the standard Glock slide/aesthetics.

just would like your thoughts..

I like lots of guns. I am a Glock guy, but only because of a few Glocks that really work for me.

The venerable Glock 17 is nothing to me. I have zero interest in it, or itís similarly sized brethren.

Itís the compact Glocks that have me on board. The Glock 19, 23, 32, 30, and 29 are the best in class.

I long for a competitor to make something I like better. I buy many of the competitorsí offerings (CZ 75 Compact, Sig p320c, HK VP9, Smith M&P 2.0C,...) but I carry a compact Glock every day. Itís the right size and shape, right capacity, itís flat, I shoot it very well, and itís reliable.

Thatís why Iím a Glock guy.

BTW, if I couldnít carry a Glock, the Sig p320c 9mm is my next choice.
    Last edited by t4terrific; 06-18-2018 at 10:28 AM.

its like having an ugly child..... its yours
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Hk’s look better and are of impeccable quality.
    Glocks don’t look quite as nice, but may be ever so slightly more reliable when very dirty due to their slightly looser tolerances.

Each has their own wow factor. Both are reliable and shoot well.
    I don’t get the animosity towards one another. (The owners) I understand loyalty, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

I love both brands, as well as many others. The Sig SRT trigger is just a modern perfect invention! While glock and Hk pales in comparison when triggers are talked about.

I’m just ranting. Talking...... to make conversation.

They say the HK USP series is utterly reliable. The DA/SA has become unpopular, but I still dig it. The other problem is peopleís reluctance to holster an $800 pistol every day.

The VP9 is easy to shoot accurately and has great ergonomics, but torture tests, trigger reset annoyances, and size and shape have reduced their popularity for EDC use.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    #1 $800 carry gun. Use it in a SD capacity? Kiss it good bye.

My 17 is like a Cadillac to me. Really comfy. It's rather large to conceal IWB. I don't regret buying it. It's a great gun to carry on the 2nd of the month in open carry world.

IMO the 1911 is the best looking hand gun. Do I own one? I could. Not high on my priorities. The HK video you posted on another thread is ugly to me.

"Hk’s look better and are of impeccable quality." Still wonder why that guy in your viedo had an unintentional double tap. That could turn to shit in a SD situation.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    #1 $800 carry gun. Use it in a SD capacity? Kiss it good bye.

My 17 is like a Cadillac to me. Really comfy. It's rather large to conceal IWB. I don't regret buying it. It's a great gun to carry on the 2nd of the month in open carry world.

IMO the 1911 is the best looking hand gun. Do I own one? I could. Not high on my priorities. The HK video you posted on another thread is ugly to me.

"Hk’s look better and are of impeccable quality." Still wonder why that guy in your viedo had an unintentional double tap. That could turn to shit in a SD situation.

yup, a pistol used in a HD scenario, will get scooped up by your local police, and miraculously end up in one of the officers safes. a very expensive loss to the owner. which its better to use a less expensive firearm for HD or carry.
    and use your much nicer ones for range use only, or IDPA courses, where there is no chance of them getting taken.

many people collect a specific brand(s), and shoot only others.
    its an expensive hobby.should i ever win the lottery, ill move to a better state, and join idpa etc, for something to do. currently, money and jobs wont allow it.
    kudos to those who can afford thousands for cool firearms/and collecting them.
    Last edited by metalhead; 06-20-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    why is everyone always so up in arms about these brands.
    fighting, reliability wars, yotta, yotta, yotta .....

I own 1 of each, they each have their merits, each has their downfalls.

is it loyalty? or preference ?

or just something to complain about ?

is it really worth the markup in price for the HK, i this so, for their extra milling precess, and the cut lies and mfgr'ing process of the HK over the standard Glock slide/aesthetics.

just would like your thoughts..

I have owned and carried a G17 since 1989, and it has never let me down. No jams or misfires. Great ccw gun; only 23 ounces loaded.
    Last edited by scmasterblaster; 08-11-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC11700 View Post
    Oh... I forgot to add this.. The fit and finish is perfect on my 23 and I can find more accessories for it than any other pistol out there, and I can also quite easily switch to 9mm or 357 sig. Not too many other pistols offer this as moderately priced..

I could quite easily have only the 23 and get rid of the rest and become a true glockaholic, but not yet... Lol

Mac
    You need a couple of Hi-Points!!! Accurate, good fit and finish! And great to take fishing for ballast or anchors. I have been way to busy I will be posting pics of a G19, and G17 in ODG I rejected at the store to get refinished.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Itís silly that Hi Point pistols are usually left out of the best polymer pistol arguments. They look more ďspace manĒ than any of the others.
    NunquamNonParatus likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links