Black Powder Revolvers, anyone?

This is a discussion on Black Powder Revolvers, anyone? within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; I have a couple and love to shoot them, hate to clean them, but love to shoot'em They are extremely accurate... Amidst the current gun ...

I have a couple and love to shoot them, hate to clean them, but love to shoot'em They are extremely accurate...

Amidst the current gun debate I find it interesting that black powder is overlooked, I guess its only a matter of time

But, I will certainly hang on to these. How 'bout you?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein

All time favorite quote: Because I said so - my dad
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a 'Navy' model that I have owned for about 25 years that I have never fired, it is hanging on my wall.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

You gotta shoot that thing Tex, only danger is you might start to like it
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Anything that shoots black powder only generally isn't considered a "modern" firearm and hardly ever (if ever), comes under scrutiny. I wonder if any of our pundits ever saw a demonstration of a Colt Walker being fired???

I have an 1861 army and a derringer from a kit, loads of fun to shoot but what a greasy mess ( I use Crisco to stop multi-chamber discharge and to lube the gun )
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I have an 1861 army and a derringer from a kit, loads of fun to shoot but what a greasy mess ( I use Crisco to stop multi-chamber discharge and to lube the gun )
    That greasy mess is the reason I haven't shot black powder after watching it at the range.

NRA Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    That greasy mess is the reason I haven't shot black powder after watching it at the range.
    WWWWWWAAAAAIIIIITTTTT just a darned minute there Tex. Hell, you live in Texas, so that means you live on BBQ...isn't THAT a greasy mess? Yeah, but it tastes just so darned good you don't even notice, hell, gives you an excuse to lick your fingers! LOL, same thing with black powder, cept I recommend this time you DON'T lick your fingers...but, you'll probably want to

LOL ! I also don't think I could bring myself to cleaning up the weapon with soap and water. I am a neat freak.

NRA Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    They have felt pads that do the same thing but I like the grease because it kind of lubes the gun. Black powder is very dirty and some grease and a rag it cleans up right nicely
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    WWWWWWAAAAAIIIIITTTTT just a darned minute there Tex. Hell, you live in Texas, so that means you live on BBQ...isn't THAT a greasy mess? Yeah, but it tastes just so darned good you don't even notice, hell, gives you an excuse to lick your fingers! LOL, same thing with black powder, cept I recommend this time you DON'T lick your fingers...but, you'll probably want to
    Texans tend to pick their "messes". I'm with Tex..."neatness is a good quality". Tex will make someone a "fine wife" someday (Hunt for Red October).

Sponsored Links