Availability of .40 forced me to buy a new gun

This is a discussion on Availability of .40 forced me to buy a new gun within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; There is tons of .40 on the shelves, 9mm not so much at all,45 is just expensive to shoot.So...picked up a .40 the other day. ...

There is tons of .40 on the shelves, 9mm not so much at all,45 is just expensive to shoot.So...picked up a .40 the other day. Never did like the .40 too much, mainly because I didn't know how to mange the recoil, when I shot one the first time. After picking up the S&W M&P Shield .40 I have to say I actually like it. Yes it has a bit more snap than the 9 or 45 IMO. The first 50 rounds I put through it I had a surprisingly good grouping. Gonna have some fun with this gun. It also makes a good carry gun.
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

The shield is a great carry pistol. Especially if it's one of those all day Christmas shopping with the wife carries

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ammo is whacked everywhere nowadays. 40 stayed at 19 box of 50 for long time now its creeping to 23.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

100 round WWB $37 at Bass Pro and the shelf is full and stayed that way through Thanksgiving Black Friday weekend. That surprised the crap out of me. I had to ask a salesman if it doesn't move do they send it to another store? The answer was no. I was happy to here that! Don't crucify me. It might have been a dumb question but I know nothing about retail.
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

What model did you get? I'm going to get a G22 later this month... I've shot a 22 and it felt pretty good.. the 23 was okay, and the 27 I shot did not work well for me. Not a fan of the compacts.
    LEO - GSSF Member - GLOCK Certified Armorer
    G17, G21, G22, G27

One of the many excuses to buy a new gun.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified
    Pistol Instructor
    Rifle Instructor
    Shotgun Instructor
    Range Safety Officer
    Glock Armorer

Ha Ha...love the 'forced' attitude! Guess you're going to have to explain to the wife how the guy you see in the mirror every morning put a gun to your head and 'forced' you to buy?

Where I live, .40 is readily available...but is much more expensive than 9mm and .45! It's priced within $1 of .357SIG ammo...which is some of the more expensive ammo around!

Congrat's on the Shield! A friend has one in 9mm...and it's a nice shooter! I actually want one! However, I laugh when she does complain that it only holds 8+1...whereas her Kimber Pro Carry II holds 7+1 and her Ruger SP101 in .38 only holds 5...and she doesn't have an issue with either of those!
    Last edited by Amishman44; 12-08-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

Yeah, that guy in the mirror is can be really convincing at times! LOL . I've been carrying it for the last few days and its slim size makes it really comfortable. Also been doin some draw from holster and dry fire practice. I gotta say this pistol points very well. The price was good too. Now I've got the big three covered. 9mm G26, .40 S&W Shield and .45 G21. So hopefully I can keep the guy in the mirror at bay for a bit.
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Can't rape the willing
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Sponsored Links