Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
17c gen3
im new to the glock thing :rolleyes: and i just go a NIB 17c to make into a "race gun". i would like to run it compensated and non compensated. i will say that with the stock compensated setup ran well (jammed 4 times out of 100 rounds) but i think i was limp wristing it. well now i would like to set it up as non compensated just to have the option (and i like to play around). i read somewhere that the recoil spring is different on the 2 setups. any help or thoughts would be great.

and can any1 tell me if a SS guid rod is worth the $15 off of ebay? or am i better off stok with differant spring?
rod

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Cant answer your question about 17C vs 17, but in my opinion, the factory guide rod works great.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
and can any1 tell me if a SS guid rod is worth the $15 off of ebay? or am i better off stok with differant spring?
rod
The rod guild on EBay for 15 bucks is a rod guild only. What you do is take you spring and add it to the SS rod guild via a cap screw. Is it worth it sure if you like the look? It add nothing to performance but it will add weight to the front end of the gun

Generally you don't have to change the spring out if you are swapping barrels. Lone wolf says on their site they recommend it but everyone that had done the barrel swap just uses the spring that’s in it. And yes Glock’s need to be firmly gripped high in the hilt with the fleshy part of your hand

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my big ?? is do ya need a higher or lower pound spring for the diferant barrels and if so, what and with witch? sorry if this seems silly but it think the pound rating on the compensated model is not the same as the noncompesated 17.

thanks for the replys guys

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
First off try it and see how the gun acts, after all you still shooting the same bullet just not out of the same barrel. A compensator just deflects the hot gasses using them to force the barrel downward. Glock’s lock the barrel into the slide when the gun goes into battery and is designed not to cycle until the bullet leaves the barrel. As far as the spring weight you will have to check with the MFG of the barrel and see what they recommend but I think you need to give it a chance first.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Seems that Glock would be the place to check on this...(770) 432-1202....ask for tech support...
especially since you want it to be right for your "race gun"..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts