Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Thinking of getting a 19 or 26 gen4 for range and possible carry, but have been hearing about problems with gen 4. Are the problems fixed? Which would be the better of the two for my intentions ? I'm also thinking of installing xs sights.Thanks for your input

Ijay.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
First, Welcome to the Forum ! For range and CCW use I would suggest the G19. The G26, of course, would be just a little easier to conceal, but the G19 in my opinion would be a bettr combination range and CCW handgun. As far as I am aware the problems with the GEN 4 are fixed and you should be good to go.
I am sure some will say they are as accurate with the G26 as the G19, but I am speaking from my wn experience.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
as far as the 19 or 26 your going to have to try them both to see how they fit your hand. the 19 being bigger and just a tad heavier but a lot of people have trouble with the grip on the smaller 26. as far as the generations i don't keep up with that but we have a couple of doctor's of glockology who should be along soon.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Thinking of getting a 19 or 26 gen4 for range and possible carry, but have been hearing about problems with gen 4. Are the problems fixed? Which would be the better of the two for my intentions ? I'm also thinking of installing xs sights.Thanks for your input

Ijay.
Welcome to the forum.

Gen4's are good to go.

If this will be your only handgun, get the G19. It does it all.

If you think you'll be getting another one sometime in the future, get the G26 now, then a G17 later :)

XS sights are excellent for carry pieces (I have them on my G26).

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Alabama! Truth is, it doesn't really matter which one you get right now. After you purchase your first Glock, no question in my mind that you will want more. Quite possibly many more! Glock will never let you down!!:)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
better a doctor of glockology then protology....lmao. first off what it the main usage ? home defense would be 19 and CCing would be the G26.

both are great shooters, my daughter is a fan of the 26 and tares up a target at 15 yards with it. here is a pic of her and her target. thats 90 rounds and most in a 10 inch target and this is her second time at the range. she stot the center out and there are stickers covering the holes up
range day#2 017.JPG

Reactions: RMD

·
Registered
960 Posts
Very nice! She looks very content holding the Glock! I'm all about women learning to shoot and carry concealed. It's much more of a crazy world we live in now. Of course the bad guys seem to be drawn to females all the while thinking this would be an easy target. Women that carry can really surprise them!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
She was here for dinner last night and while we were hanging out she was learning how to dismantle and reassemble the Glock 23 and for the final test before she went home I blind folded her and made her do it; she did good. She works 55 hours a week and goes to college at night so she wants to get a CC permit when the action slows down a bit. She shoots better than my friend do

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
First, Welcome to the Forum ! For range and CCW use I would suggest the G19. The G26, of course, would be just a little easier to conceal, but the G19 in my opinion would be a bettr combination range and CCW handgun. As far as I am aware the problems with the GEN 4 are fixed and you should be good to go.
I am sure some will say they are as accurate with the G26 as the G19, but I am speaking from my wn experience.
Well said...Ditto...and welcome aboard...!

·
Registered
960 Posts
She was here for dinner last night and while we were hanging out she was learning how to dismantle and reassemble the Glock 23 and for the final test before she went home I blind folded her and made her do it; she did good. She works 55 hours a week and goes to college at night so she wants to get a CC permit when the action slows down a bit. She shoots better than my friend do
That is awesome! The blindfold thing brings back fond memories of disassembling/reassembling the M16. Had to be able to do it in the dark. Our drill sergeants in basic held contests between soldiers of doing it blindfolded. Every piece including the buffer and spring. Speed and correct assembly were the keys. I came in 3rd place out of my platoon. :)

Reactions: barstoolguru

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Like I said "you can take the man out of the army but you can't take the army out of the man". I think it is very important to teach someone how to disassemble and reassemble a gun that they are shooting. To understand the inner workings help you understand the guns ability to fire and what might be the problem when there is a jam.
I double feed snap caps so she has to clear them. It’s better for her to know it here under safety then it is to do it at the range with live ammo. She has been talking with her friends about it and they seem to be interested but kids these days have a full schedule with collage and work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks For your responses, I picked up the 26. I love it, Put 200 rnds thru it not a problem. When I first got into pistols 10 yrs ago . I couldn't shoot a glock worth a dam. This 26 was very accurate And I love the trigger. I'm thinking of selling my p30 and getting a 17, I was so impressed with it. Now I have to find a good holster for cc. Its to big for my pocket, thinking about a belly Band or Smart Carry.Something that will work on my not so boyish figure.

Thanks again. Ijay.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Thanks For your responses, I picked up the 26. I love it, Put 200 rnds thru it not a problem. When I first got into pistols 10 yrs ago . I couldn't shoot a glock worth a dam. This 26 was very accurate And I love the trigger. I'm thinking of selling my p30 and getting a 17, I was so impressed with it. Now I have to find a good holster for cc. Its to big for my pocket, thinking about a belly Band or Smart Carry.Something that will work on my not so boyish figure.

Thanks again. Ijay.
Excellent!

Next up, a G17 for the nightstand :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts