Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across a Browning Model 1905. I have looked on line to try to get a rough idea on the date of manufacture with no luck. The serial number is 125606. Is their anybody familiar with this firearm that could help me? Thanks!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already been all over goggle, books, etc.. The Browning site pulled up nothing. That's why I tried here I thought someone might have some knowledge of the 1905 Browning. And no so far goggle has not been my friend on this matter.

· Super Moderator
110 Posts
The "Baby" Browning was first produced at F.N. in 1905.

However, Browning didn't import them until 1954.

Accurate serial number counts were not available until 1959.

Colt/Browing pocket pistols/click here

Serials/click here

According to Vanderlinden's book "FN Browning Pistols", M1905 production was interrupted in 1914 (because of the German occupation during WWI) at approximately serial number 550,000. M1905 production resumed in 1919 with the serial numbers continuing from where they had left off. Production was again interrupted by war in 1940 at approximately serial number 1,008,000. Even if the production rate was not steady between 1919 and 1940, yours is no doubt an early post-WWI example (1920-ish perhaps).

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's about when I was figuring from the information I was looking at. Thank you for all who helped. I am helping a widow value her husbands collection. It was quite extensive. Most are easy. Some of the older European guns especially around the World Wars can be difficult.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts