Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I have posted this issue before, thought I had it resolved but looks like its back. It's a very odd ftf problem where the round is fed crooked, running the nose of the bullet left of the chamber and lodging it there. So back of case is picked up normally (or it appears that way) but as the round is slid forward it misses the chamber to the left. Had this problem with two pistols and seven magazines so far. I could accept limp wristing as the reason except the slide is cycling far enough back to pick up the round. It happened 3 times today out of fifty rounds and it always happens mid magazine, round 7,8,9 thereabouts.
Much appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The first question i can think to ask would be are these reloads, remanufactured or factory? And RN or HP?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
what kind of mags you using because it sounds bacuse of the angle of feed is off meaning when the slide is pushing the bullet foward the bullet is not htting the center of the feed ramp. and what kind of ammo (bullet type, hp,fn,rn)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ammo is that American Eagle (federal). It's full jacketed. Magazines are all Glock, straight from the factory.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
if you're are rotation mags out and you’re having this problem with different mags and the guns clean and no damage then I would look at limp wristing the gun. Glock’s don't like limp wristing and will stove pipe

check you grip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a stove pipe, its feeding the round way crooked to the left. The round never gets chambered, it gets hung up with the nose of the bullet lodged to the left of the chamber opening.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
With failures to feed in multiple Glocks with many different magazines and good ammo, it's most probably the unlocked (limp) wrist.

I'm guessing there's just not enough energy left when the extractor is picking up the round from the magazine to feed it fully through the ramp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be, except the round never hits the feed ramp. It gets lodged high and left of the chamber. I'm wondering if the magazine is getting distorted when loading, that last round is really tough to load into the mag, and if I chamber a round, then fill the mag to capacity, it takes a good smack to snap it back in place in the pistol.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What other pistol besides the G20SF?

Loading a full mag when a round is chambered is quite often difficult. It took a good smack with my G30 for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other pistol was a 20sf, glock replaced that one. Oddly enough this problem did not happen until Glock replaced the original mags on that first pistol with a newer "upgraded" version.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hmm...to rule out your wrists, could you have someone else run a few mags through?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back at the Range a couple of days ago, zero ftf this time. Same ammo, but I had cleaned the pistol last time with one difference, leaving a very light coat of oil on slide, barrel, and on slide spring. Same with magazine. A light coat meaning oiled then wiped off.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
check the follower in the mag and make sure it is not hanging up in the center of the mag. if it is sticking at the 6,7,8th round you might want to dismantle the mag and wipe it down on the interior with a light coat of oil. While you are at it check the spring for damage and sights of collapsing

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not a stove pipe, its feeding the round way crooked to the left. The round never gets chambered, it gets hung up with the nose of the bullet lodged to the left of the chamber opening.
same exact problem here with my glock 27 I posted about this a few times, but I wanted to reply to this post anyway though its old and let you knw I had the same issue on my 2nd range visit. My 3rd range visit with the new gun was not as bad, Im gonna go again and see if I can get NO ftf or as you said the bullett goes down to the left of the barrel..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts