Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, really looking for sound technical advice, bought my first glock, not my first firearm, in feb of this year. Initially it had misfire issues, so the factory simply updated it to latest design, which fixed the misfire problem, but introduced a FTF problem (new magazines..hmmm), returned it again, they did not change anything, returned a third time, they sent me a new pistol. The new pistol has the same ftf problem, but after 75 rounds fromeach magazines (both new with this replacement) had 5 ftfs with one mag and zero with other. It's a really weird feed issue where the round actually misses the chamber to the left and a little high. The slide cyles fine but the round is pointed way left as it's being moved forward (can't say chambered here because it misses the chamber). This is the second 20sf that has done this, with the latest and greatest mags from glock. Anybody else have this problem? And please I don't need to hear limp wristing or bad ammo, as the problem seems to follow the latest magazine revision.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Wow, no answer here, I have a G20SF and never a single problem. Glock customer service is your only solution that I can see.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Don't remember what kind of mags my G20SF had but I didn't have any problems with it.

I'm curious what ammo you're using? reloads? if so specs? Have you tried different ammo?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Are you seeing any issues on the feed ramp. Any scarring or dents. Is it coated with tenifer? I polished mine with a dremel to a high polish and removed the tenifer to avoid any rubbing or sticking

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No issues with the feed ramp, the round does not even contact the feed ramp, its so far to the left the nose of the bullet is outside of the chamber. Glock sent me a total of six magazines and 4 of them create this FTF problem,

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
This is puzzling, for sure...Hard to believe the # of problems, and even with the 2nd gun...not characteristic of Glocks...I'd stay on 'em in Smyrna.. Hope ya get it resolved soon...:confused:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Are you seeing any issues on the feed ramp. Any scarring or dents. Is it coated with tenifer? I polished mine with a dremel to a high polish and removed the tenifer to avoid any rubbing or sticking
I polish the feed ramp on all my new pistols before my first outting with it. Never had the guts to try a dremel yet, I use 2000 grit and sand a litle, just enough to where my pinky slide on it smoothly. Also are you using hollow points or round nose ammo, Just curious on this one? Dave

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I polish the feed ramp on all my new pistols before my first outting with it. Never had the guts to try a dremel yet, I use 2000 grit and sand a litle, just enough to where my pinky slide on it smoothly. Also are you using hollow points or round nose ammo, Just curious on this one? Dave
I use both JHP and FMJ (most of which are flat nosed). I haven't experienced any problems related to feeding. I used the cotton adapter and some very fine polishing grit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bullets are full jacketed. Type of bullet probably does not affect the condition, since the centerline of the bullet ends up outside of the chamber boundary. I would really like to blame this on OE, because I can correct that, but seeing that some magazines exhibit the problem and others do not tells me that it's a manufacturing problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, problem seems to be with certain magazines, I say seems because of limited data, so far I have had two of the six magazines function without an FTF. But that is based on <100 rounds through those two. The others failed immediately, usually about 4th, 5th or 6th round.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts