Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to follow the video on YT this morning and give the ".25 Cent Trigger Job" the old college try. Used Q-Tips and rag (don't have a Dremel) and polished, polished, polished. Compound I used was a super fine grip polishing compound in liquid form by 3M that body shops use for buffing out swirl marks on paint, so I wasn't afraid of removing any metal.

Worked on it about an hour. End result?....Parts were shiny where they were supposed to be and there was a very slight reduction in the gritty feeling in the trigger. The trigger pull wasn't lightened up a bit. It's still a lot heavier than the advertised weight of 5.5. Next step is an OEM "-" connector.

Best part of the whole thing was that I learned to strip down the pistol to the "bare bones". Kinda made it worth the effort.:cool:

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
All the polishing in the world I going to do little or none. if you want to lighten up the trigger pull you have to change the angle of the connector. The more it’s angled the less resistance for trigger bar. Change the trigger spring also, it’s 5 lb. and you need to go to a 6 lb. ($2.50 spring) and between the two you will have a 4 1/2 lb. trigger and a more consistent trigger.
Here is a link for the whole thing ($18.00) but don’t mess with the firing pin spring or the plunger spring

connector.jpg

Ghost 3 5 lb Kit for Glock Trigger Connector Wolff Self Defense Spring Gen 1 4 | eBay

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I never expected it to lighten anything....only get rid of some of the gritty feeling. And as I said, mine is supposedly the 5.5 trigger...only it bottoms out the 6lb scale I have PLUS at least another pound, maybe more.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
try a minus connector, it takes only minutes to do and they are about 13.00

1 - 6 of 6 Posts