Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody shoot .357 sig or a model 31 ? I would like some feedback on the ammo shot and prefer to shoot with it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I own (and love) my G32 & the .357 SIG is an awesome round!

I carry Speer's "hotter" Gold Dot (54234) and practice with their Lawman & Federal's American Eagle loads. I can find the hollow points online for about $.50/round and the FMJs run about $.34-$.40 cents/round.

Locally, the best I can find are the Federals, but they run about $.44/round.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok great , I see the 32 is the compact version , Thanks for the info ! :cool:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
RMD, I'm about to talk myself into getting a Gen 4 G32...don't need it, but I want it..I think...Gonna check with Ed's...see if they're in stock... So, give me your sales pitch...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I love my G31, It's not my everyday carry, but I have been shooting some winchester personal protection ammo at the range with no issues,

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok great info , I got asked that question about the .38 ammo and didn't know for sure so I asked the question here
:cool:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Seems logical, compared to the other...However, it ain't happenin'...lol

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
RMD, I'm about to talk myself into getting a Gen 4 G32...don't need it, but I want it..I think...Gonna check with Ed's...see if they're in stock... So, give me your sales pitch...
I'll take it off your hands for a small fee if you don't like it :)

With just a barrel swap (and mags), you have a G23. You can buy a conversion barrel and G19 mags and shoot 9mm as well.

Flat, fast and growing in popularity, the .357 SIG is gaining an excellent reputation among law enforcement as a "fight stopper" - putting BGs down and taking them out of the fight, even with less than lethal hits.

It's got the 125gr .357 magnum's "lightning bolt effect" in an auto round. Plus, the bottle-necked rounds just look cool :)

The downside is that practice ammo is priced similarly to .45 ACP and is more expensive than .40 S&W or 9mm.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep I finding that target practice is extremely exspensive and going to fall short . so make them count the first practice .

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
.357 Sig Sellier & Bellot Handgun Cartridge, 140-Grain Full Metal Jacket Bullet, 1250 fps. what do you guys know about this brand ? I had a bad experience with it a few yrs ago in .45 cal

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Winchester Supreme Elite .357 Sig 125 Grain PDX1, Or this ammo?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Great pitch...lol...lots to think about...I'm really wanting another .45, too....hmmm

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
.357 Sig Sellier & Bellot Handgun Cartridge, 140-Grain Full Metal Jacket Bullet, 1250 fps. what do you guys know about this brand ? I had a bad experience with it a few yrs ago in .45 cal
I've never had a problem with S&B, but never shot their .357 SIG loads.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Priced the G36 Blue label...however, I must confess that I have been awaiting the release of a "competitors" new single stack, 5+1, 21 .oz .45 acp...due out this month...but we all know how that goes...might be a year fom now before it makes it to the LGS...wanting to compare them side by side

1 - 20 of 41 Posts