Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have figured out my favorite personal protection ammo now! Hornady .40 TAP FPD 180 gr on the left, Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel .40 180 gr on the right. Pretty easy decision for me! ;) Ammo1.jpg ammo2.jpg

·
Banned
966 Posts
Same two I use, or at least have bought and fired at the range a few times. My self/home-defense mag currently has 13 FPD's aboard. Same gun as you as well. Great minds think alike.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ran both, love them both. Running hornady critical duty in hd mags for the g23 at this time, after witnessing what they do to a 6in thick slab of cedar I am sold.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Not a TAP fan, but it's supposed to be very good...I run the Gold Dots....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both are your favorite or they are favorites depending on the gun?
My favorite is the Speer Gold Dots, no doubt. (Personal protection/home defense)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, I don't want to get shot..period...lol :p
Ditto! Doesn't matter what caliber, certainly wouldn't feel good getting shot by anything!!:)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, when I pick up my 30 next weekend, everyone recommend the same ammo that I found for the 23? The Speer Gold Dot. Also would like to know what grain is best for the .45 ACP for personal protection? Thanks!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the 230's...:)
Even in the XD-S
Thanks I will make sure I grab a couple of boxes of those, along with some range rounds!:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts