Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone makes a 9mm barrel and mags for a G36? What a great choice that would be able to switch back and forth between .45 and 9mm.
On second thought, it would probably have to consist of a slide and or spring too. Even so it would be worth it to have the 9 and 45 in the same smaller cc gun.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i don't know the answer but my guess would be no all the way around. the 36 is in a class of its own. however, we do have a resident doctor of glockology who should be making his rounds very soon.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
No, as far as i know it cannot be converted to 9mm, however, Dr. Rowabi should be along soon making his rounds.

·
Registered
960 Posts
No, as far as i know it cannot be converted to 9mm, however, Dr. Rowabi should be along soon making his rounds.
Yep, just what I was thinking. Dr. Rowabi always seems to come up with an answer. I believe Smyrna has a dedicated "red phone" just for him. All kidding aside, he is knowledgeable. I've learned a few things from him! :)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
G36 is new so pretty sure the answer is no. Even with other .45 Glocks I dont think it can be done - 9mm case is much smaller than .45 so there's no way the extractor can reach that far.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Anything can be done but when you are talking about that much custom work you'll end up coming out cheaper just buying another gun.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
With any conversion you have to remember two basic things; bullets must be centered or close to centered to the firing pin and two being able to use the same extractor without changing the shape to assist in the removal of the case. if you look at conversion barrel you will see that it is off set at the breach basically moving the case closer to the extractor. When you get two bullets that are big size difference this can’t be done and still be able to in alignment with the firing pin.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yep, just what I was thinking. Dr. Rowabi always seems to come up with an answer. I believe Smyrna has a dedicated "red phone" just for him. All kidding aside, he is knowledgeable. I've learned a few things from him! :)
That's a tenifer phone, lol...I was pretty sure that you couldn't, but a quick "hot line" call to my pals in Smyrna confirmed it...No...But as jbglock also said, with the right amount of money, you can get almost anything done on a gun...why bother when you can pick up a 9mm for far less than the time and trouble it would take...creative thinking, though... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts