Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing a 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23 pistol so the wife and I can carry the same ammo...she has a G-19. My wife is not nearly as accurate, nor as comfortable, shooting .40 as compared to 9mm ammo. I'm comfortable carrying and shooting CorBon 125 grain JHP or Ranger 147 grain for self-defense purposes, if need be.

My wife and I have Gen II Glock pistols...we found and purchased both NIB in 2010...and was glad we found them! We love the Gen II grip frame much better than the Gen III's & IV's!

My question is, has anyone purchased a 9mm conversion barrel for their Glock 23 or 32 pistol and, if so, which one did you purchase and how well does it works in your pistol? I know I will need to purchase and use G-19 mags as well.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Havent purchased a 9mm conversion barrel but I have used the Wolf brand and they work great and are less expensive then most others.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't know if I'd CC a converted Glock, but it would definitely cut down on the practice ammo cost.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I had a Lone Wolf barrel for my G23, it worked fine. Mine was black but I find the fishing on those to be lacking, stainless maintains better.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know if I'd CC a converted Glock, but it would definitely cut down on the practice ammo cost.
Why not. I dont see where there would be any CON's to this. Im not being an a$$, just trying to see what makes it not worthy of a CC gun if you replace a barrel.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The only downfall I could see would be in a legal defense sense. If something went bad, right or wrong, one side or the other would go after you for using a modified weapon. Now is that a good argument? probably not but they you may have 12 people to convince. Does that keep me from modifying my weapons within reason? Nope. As the old saying goes. It's better to be judged by 12 than be carried by 6.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Why not. I dont see where there would be any CON's to this. Im not being an a$$, just trying to see what makes it not worthy of a CC gun if you replace a barrel.
The failure rate of a 40/357>9 conversion (conversion barrel + mag) is higher than a stock setup. It may be only 1% or so, but for CCing, I want that number as low as possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The only downfall I could see would be in a legal defense sense. If something went bad, right or wrong, one side or the other would go after you for using a modified weapon. Now is that a good argument? probably not but they you may have 12 people to convince. Does that keep me from modifying my weapons within reason? Nope. As the old saying goes. It's better to be judged by 12 than be carried by 6.
Do you know of any case history where a gun that was modified was an issue?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I would just buy another gun, can't have too many! :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Do you know of any case history where a gun that was modified was an issue?
I don't believe it has ever been a successful argument in the prosecution of a criminal or civil case resulting in an adjudication based solely on that fact, Unless of course the individual modified his trigger from a semi - to - auto set up on his own and then was involved in a shooting. Seems I remember one of those back in the early 90's. But you can bet it will be brought up in any civil or criminal case and could have an effect on the jury's in delivering a verdict. It's not something I worry about though

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The way I understand it is that changing the barrel out from .40 to 9mm is likened to shooting .38's in a .357 revolver or putting a .357 SIG barrel in a .40 or vice-versa...in other words, it's no big deal. Gun modifications that would come under consideration in a legal setting would be installing a 3.5# trigger in a gun that came with a 5# trigger or making a semi-auto pistol run on full-auto...in other words, things that would make the gun easier to shoot or fire, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a KKM 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock G32. I have only shot 50 rounds through it, but no issues so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts