Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard (from not necessarily reliable sources) that it is not a good idea to shoot reloads with my G19. Is this the case? I am interested in trying to save some $ and would like to use reloads to shred some paper. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hey Andy, welcome to the forum, It really boils down to "Do you trust the reloader"? Most everything I buy from the Gun Shows are factory reloads. Nothing really different from a personal reload but for a proven recipe. We have a few reloaders here that probably can add more value but that's my 2 cents

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I would be the one doing the reloading in this case. I have just heard stories of kabooms and such. Obviously, I want to avoid that at all costs. I am currently purchasing my practice ammo at @ $0.18/rd. Could I even expect to do this myself for appreciably less than that? I am ONLY looking to save $ if I do the reloading. I am not looking for a hobby.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks for the response. I would be the one doing the reloading in this case. I have just heard stories of kabooms and such. Obviously, I want to avoid that at all costs. I am currently purchasing my practice ammo at @ $0.18/rd. Could I even expect to do this myself for appreciably less than that? I am ONLY looking to save $ if I do the reloading. I am not looking for a hobby.
Have you done any reloading in the past? If not then I know that some of the other guys have proven recipes that they can share.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I have never reloaded and would be grateful for any advice. I have just started to consider it as an option.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Go for it! I pretty much only shoot reloads in ALL my guns except .22's of course... One thing you need to now about Glocks is that they don't have standard rifling so shooting lead is not a good idea. As long as you reload with plated or FMJ bullets you'll be fine.

Just take your time and learn the steps and pay attention when reloading; keep in mind a double charge is *will blow up your gun. That's why I would recommend a powder that fills most of the case and if you were to charge the case twice powder will overflow the case (easier to spot).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts