Discussion Starter #1
A good place to get a large amount of ammo for cheap ? 115 FMJ 9mm

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't just look at the price, compare prices after shipping and handling. You'd be surprised at how big a difference this can be. And the final price with shipping and handling is what you really care about. I know this seems but obvious, but just wanted to point it out.

The lowest price I've ever seen online is $8.99 / box (in quantities of 10 boxes) and this either for non-reloadable or for Russian ammo. I've never seen any NEW 9mm ammo go for less than that. Most of the time you'll pay about $9.99 / box + shipping.

Don't forget to look locally!

Dick's Sporting Goods:
Another place to look at is your local Dick's Sporting Goods. I've seen Dick's run specials on Remington UMC 9mm for $11.97 local, but if you buy 10 boxes (a case), then the price drops to $9.99. Be sure to ask for their "case price." You just have to wait for the specials (assuming you have a Dick's locally). They run specials on other brands, too, so ask for the price on everything. At $9.99 local, you'll be hard-press to find a better deal online once you factor in tax vs shipping.

Wal-Mart:
They generally have decent prices. I just picked up some Federal Champion 115g FMJ for $10.97 + tax. This is the normal price. I needed some quickly, so I can't complain about that price for retail.

A few more places to try on-line:

Natchez Shooters Supply
Palmetto State Armory

Lastly, look for specials. This President's Day weekend 2012, Cabela's is running a sale on Federal Champion 9mm for $9.99 box and $5 shipping for over $99 with code "22SHIP". There are other calibers on sale too, this weekend only.

Cabelas Federal Champion 9mm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a box of 500 .40 S&W from Cheaperthandirt.com for $113 + $20 shipping. I was buying some other things too, so the shipping wasn't a big deal.

Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

This is good range ammo. I've already gone through about 200 rounds of it.

AMM-5482 - .40 S&W BVAC FMJ 180 Grain 500 Round Value Pack 960 FPS Once-fired Brass Practice and Training Ammunition

I signed up for an email notice and ordered it when they got it in a couple days later. They sent me and email and I ordered at that time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome info guys , I will check into those online sites and I will check the local DICKS sporting good store for any sales and Great to know about asking about a case price .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Walmart can usually beat all on line deals when shipping is factored in. Finding 500 or 1000 of 9mm, 40S&W or 45 ACP at Walmart would be doable around where I live.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dicks had nothing on sale . picked up a box of 100 federal for 19 at walmart 9mm

·
Registered
91 Posts
Same place you get gas for cheap...your dreams. haha. I usually get all of my ammmo at either walmart or my LGS just depends on what the deal is. Ive seen 250 packs of .45 at dunhams for like $100 but its only $125 reg. Cheaper than dirt usually has some decent ammo deals. Brownells sells ammo now but idk what their prices look like.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep thats right our dreams has the cheapest ammo , traded the 19 order for a 31 and no cheap ammo on .357sig , but ohwell life is too short , so spend it and shoot it up ! awesome gun buy the way ! just suprised me when you dry fire it the trigger does not reset itself . kinda odd , but ohwell lol

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
yep thats right our dreams has the cheapest ammo , traded the 19 order for a 31 and no cheap ammo on .357sig , but ohwell life is too short , so spend it and shoot it up ! awesome gun buy the way ! just suprised me when you dry fire it the trigger does not reset itself . kinda odd , but ohwell lol
Yeah, .357 SIG is priced more like .45 ACP. But it's a sweet round! You do have to "half-cock" it when dry firing - a pain, but a small one :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im seeing not alot of shops having alot of the 357 sig ammo

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Unless I run across an unbelievable special on the web, I can find just as competitive prices at the gun shows as I can online and it's name brand ammo.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's true..always good to be able to look at it before buying large amounts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats true , seems I always miss the gun shows around charlotte , everywhere I go they have anywhere from1 to 3 brands for the .357 sig . but all good ! its like buying ammo for my.38 , not cheap. slickguns.com posts deals from other companies who sometimes puts in free shipping besides the sales . cheaper than around my area .

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Got some great LGS with good deals...I catch a gun show every once in a while...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Im seeing not alot of shops having alot of the 357 sig ammo
It's not the most popular at local stores, although my LGS always has it in stock.

One good thing is that during the last ammo shortage, it was sometimes the only thing on the shelf at the local Walmart :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts