Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS always, a bit of after dinner shooting! Fun was had by all! I was working on a little distance shooting with the 36. In distance, I'm talking about 20 yards. (Distant for me!) Here are a few target photos from that distance.......
IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0468.JPG

I began to notice we were doing a little damage to the tree the targets were on. I went to move the target and was told "just leave it, we are gonna be cleaning out some of those trees anyway".

(Even though the in-laws had told me there was nothing for 10 miles behind the treeline, I checked it out on Google Earth and they were right!)

So we continued firing. .40, .45 acp, .22 LR and 30.06. Started noticing the tree leaning a little to the left. After the first initial movement, the tree stopped. That's when I recorded this.......

[video=youtube;ILFORg3yVQ8]http://youtu.be/ILFORg3yVQ8[/video]

A few items we dug out of the tree......
IMG_0475.JPG

The end of a good day...........
IMG_0469.JPG

Reactions: RMD and texcowboy

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
That does sound like a good day at the range. Happy Thanksgiving !

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love that metallic noise of that old "1975 built" 30.06! Still amazingly accurate!:)

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
If we could just age that gracefully...lol...good guns seem to just "keep on going"

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We were totally amazed about how those Hydra-Shok rounds turned into shrapnel and the ball rounds stayed intact!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After seeing what the Hydra-shok does in destruction, that is my carry ammo for the 23 and 36!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Ahh...another convert, lol...I love those things....:cool:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh...another convert, lol...I love those things....:cool:
You were the first one that told me to try them. Thank you!!! Love them!!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
all that land and all you did was shoot paper, I would have brought the steel out and made some moving targets. I always wanted to try something like this

[video=youtube;LTKzMfd5TSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTKzMfd5TSY[/video]

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all that land and all you did was shoot paper, I would have brought the steel out and made some moving targets. I always wanted to try something like this

[video=youtube;LTKzMfd5TSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTKzMfd5TSY[/video]
Nice! Well, does a tree count as paper??

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the way, I forgot just how nice it is to live away from the hustle and bustle of city life!! :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Nice! Well, does a tree count as paper??

I have a chain saw for that, when I was in a private club we used to shoot fruit, clay pigeons on a string, water bottles (burstable targets) and on the combat areas (the pits) you could set up scenarios like the inside of you house and shoot from the car as if you are being car jacked. Just saying I wish I had some place to go like that. Here in the city we are so limited to how and where you can shoot when I see some place like that my mind goes off in different directions

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They own about 20 acres, I love to go out there! Just sitting and checking out the scenery is just a very peaceful thing to do. Also have a nice little pond that get's restocked every year. I love to fish but haven't made it down to do some fishing. I guess I like shooting better!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Do they have deer...? I'll come down and thin them out if they need that...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts