Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pretty much decided what model to get. My question is where to buy. I have both a Bass Pro Shop and Cabella's in the area. There are two Glockmeister's in town. I'm looking for quality customer service as well as decent price.

The model i've decided on is the G17. I'm replacing a really old LLama 9MM that I just don't trust any more. I'm wondereing about gen 3 vs. gen 4.The gun will be used for range and recreational shooting until I can take a defensive shooting class. Arizona allows open carry in public (with certain restrictions) and doesn't reqire a permit for concealed carry.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I haven't purchased from any of those folks, so I guess I can't make a recommendation, there. However, I can say that the G17 is a great choice. Hold both of them, Gen 3/4, and decide...There's probably more chance for a pleasing grip with the Gen4, unless the Gen3 already feels good. I won't try and talk you into the G19 as an easier concealed carry weapon since you said it was for open carry. I believe all of those places are pretty well known for their CS, so maybe price is your biggest concern...Let us know what you decide...good luck...:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Where do you buy your Glocks? There are a number of small shops around town. I'll get a CC gun when I'm properly trained and feel I'm ready for the responsibility.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
What sells me on the gen 3's are the grips. I don't like the texture of the gen 4's or the double recoil spring.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Where do you buy your Glocks? There are a number of small shops around town. I'll get a CC gun when I'm properly trained and feel I'm ready for the responsibility.
I have bought them at the LGS's, but now I purchase Blue Label, so I know what I'm gonna pay...Just compare with what you have available to you, and you'll know what to do at the time of purchase...Glock will stand by their product...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, I don't qualify for the Blue label discount. Thanks for all the advice. I can't wait for that tax refund. I've never been so excited about doing my taxes.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't qualify for the Blue label discount. Thanks for all the advice. I can't wait for that tax refund. I've never been so excited about doing my taxes.
I hear ya, man...The G17 was my first one, back in '86 when they came into the U.S...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
And it doesn't go away...you just keep getting more...as someone said..."it's a disease, I tell ya"

·
Registered
3 Posts
glockmeister is awesome but for a great deal they come and go, more frequently if your looking to purchase used. otherwise youll probably end up paying the same price wherever you go to purchase new. i just happen to live extremely close to their north phoenix location and they sell double tap ammo on site. i just feel from my experience with them that they are alot more effective customer service wise than the bigger stores being that they just fix whatever problem you may have on the spot and theres almost never a line for you to have to wait on to be taken care of

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I generally stay away from big box stores when buying firearms. You will find a better price with more perks at an LGS or a Gun Show. I would imagine that Glockmeister would have better deals. You may pay a little more than from Gander MT but you may get more optional equipment from Glockmeister for the price

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd probably go to Glockmeister's Mesa location. I'm also considering Caswell's in Mesa. they are listed as a preferred dealer on Glock's website. I can't wait for tthat tax refund.:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have 3. Bought mine from a small gun shop. Customer service is great. Prices are cheaper than the bigger shops. Always guys hanging out and ready to give advice. Maybe look for a small shop in your area.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
ya never know where a good deal will pop up, I went to a pawn shop and got my g23 from them. it had to be used but it looked brand new and I got it for 400.00

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
ya never know where a good deal will pop up, I went to a pawn shop and got my g23 from them. it had to be used but it looked brand new and I got it for 400.00
Sweet...it happens...Might actually be a good place to look right now...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow that was a great deal. Pawn shops here are w--re houses. I found a bersa .380 1 magazine. They wanted $389. I bought mine brand new in box 2 mags $269.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The best thing to do is know what a fair price is and what the market supports and go from there. Big box stores can be good or bad as the LGS, I am all for supporting the little guys and if they are willing to deal you can get a good buy there

1 - 20 of 24 Posts