1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
960 Posts
From what I have observed in my favorite gun stores, they have never been so busy. And it doesn't appear to even be close to slowing down. The good thing about it is the amount of young women that are carrying now. That is a good thing. I ran into a very young (23) year old RN at the range the other day. She carries an XD9 compact. In my observation I noticed she was doing a few unsafe things with the firearm. Don't get me wrong, she handled the 9mm like a champ. But things like, never taking her finger out of the trigger housing, not keeping the muzzle pointing down range, etc. I asked her if she had ever had a basic gun safety course and she said no. I then asked her if it was ok to show her a few very important things and she said "great". Went through all of the basics. Trigger finger, pointing weapon, etc. Then I noticed when she was firing, her left hand was just sitting cupped under her right (shooting) hand. Gave her a couple of different options including my favorite. Non-shooting hand with thumb just below the slide forward of the trigger housing. Her groups improved right away! Always nice to help when needed! :)

This young lady was model gorgeous so that also helped a little! LOL! No worries, I'm old enough to be her father! LOL!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mention an RN so not trying to get off the subject but I had to trip to the Dallas VA hosp yesterday for a long term problem and when I was in the ER a was telling with an RN and the topic of parking came up and the location of the new parking garage they added and its located in the back of the hosp adjacent to a "not so nice" neighborhood. I mention that she might want to get some mace and her response was (keep in mind this is a 50 something YO woman) O' I got more than mace for anyone that try’s something and made a hand gestures and she was serious.

WOW, to hear that at that where I was kind of set me back a minute and I smiled and called her over and asked, she said she took a CHL course and packs a "38". I did want to rain on her parade but I explained that the hosp is not posted because it doesn't have to be because it is federal. So I gave her a word of advice to remember and that is CAN"T.....Carry Always...Never' Tell............ "CAN'T say”

1 - 4 of 4 Posts