Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't planning on putting night sights on the 36, but I did find a rear adjustable sight for windage and elevation on Ebay for $28.99 and free shipping. I'm thinking, "adjustable rear sight"?, Might just be right down my alley! It is a Glock item so for that price, what have I got to lose?:)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the front site is plastic so you might want to replace it, is it used? if so; what was the mfg date? with a shelf life of 7 good years you might want to ask

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the front site is plastic so you might want to replace it, is it used? if so; what was the mfg date? with a shelf life of 7 good years you might want to ask
Just picked up the gun yesterday, brand new in the box.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Still plastic and can be damaged very easily; Drawing from or re-holstering can easily knock it off. So why not night sights; It is amazing how well you can see them in low light conditions.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Still plastic and can be damaged very easily; Drawing from or re-holstering can easily knock it off. So why not night sights; It is amazing how well you can see them in low light conditions.
Believe it or not, I am very rarely out at night. Since my disability has gotten much worse (back), I have kind of become a "homebody". 95% of the time, my "running around" or errands are all done during the day. By the end of the day, my pain is usually bad enough that I don't really do much but just try to stay comfortable. (The VA is working on a remedy that's going to start with pain blocks but looks like surgery will be the end result.) Sorry didn't mean to get into a long story, but that pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Keep in mind night sights are not just for outside/night. They can be for a home intruder in your house/ yard. yea I know you have a flash light but flash light also make a good target for the BG. they work well in LOW light condition’s/sleepy eyes just getting out of bed.

For about 65 bucks you can get a set(front and rear) night sights on amazon.com. Good luck

if this is what you are talking about. its plastic too; the sights and the tool.
Glock Adjustable Rear Sight 17 19 20 21 22 23 24 26 27 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 | eBay

if you just have to have it here is one for 21.68 free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-Facto...910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5894f43eee

here is a set of truglo fiber optic sights for 48.36 and free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Truglo-Brit...847?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec1c10c17

Reactions: Gray_Wolf

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
What works for one may not work for another. I have never broken a sight on any weapon I have owned. I have had a couple of metal sights come off of 1911s though.

It looks like ArmyCobra 1 is happy with his purchase and he knows what is best for his purposes.

Reactions: ArmyCobra1

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
What works for one may not work for another. I have never broken a sight on any weapon I have owned. I have had a couple of metal sights come off of 1911s though.

It looks like ArmyCobra 1 is happy with his purchase and he knows what is best for his purposes.
True...ArmyCobra 1, let us know how how you like 'em...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My new rear sight arrived today! Getting it installed in the morning, and depending upon my back pain, will head to the range. I wouldn't even attempt to do the install myself. I was looking at an inexpensive "pusher tool" but my gun shops install for free! So, that being said, it's been a good day except for the "little lady" having the flu!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you believe it's plastic?

JK!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the adjustment tool is plastic too! Wow! I must have gotten ripped off!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's always nice to know that Forum members are concerned about the well-being of the sights on our firearms!!:)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I always found stock (plastic) sights to be dead on, so never had the need for adjustable sights but will say any quality metal sights (esp night sights) would be an advantage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts