Glock Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the forum and I've heard this is the place to be to get some real information from the Glock Community.

Little context to my situation: I am a current owner of a 40cal subcompact Glock 27. I love it. A couple things that disconcert me though are that: 9 round max clip (factory), I am not a big guy so that 40cal round really does some whipping, and the controllability factor.

This has now lead me to consider the 9mm 26 or the .380 28. Is the 28 out on the market yet? Only things I can seem to find are from customers in the Brazilian market for some reason, whether they be YouTube reviews and whatnot.

In my mind the Pros to the 26 9mm over the 28 is more stopping power. Is there something to this? Is there a HUGE difference between a 9mm round and a .380, with regards to stopping power? If I have 10 rounds in either full of hollow points...Another difference between the 26 and the 28 are a slight weight difference. The 28 is about 100 grams lighter than the 26. In my mind as of late I am erring towards the Glock 28 but certainly wanted to get your guys' input before I do.

Thank you!

·
Registered
123 Posts
The G28 is not available in the US. It has never been imported and primarily exists for those countries that do not allow civilians to own handguns in military or police calibers. The G26 is the way to go. Low recoil and better performance. It is also about 60% softer shooting than your G27. The 9mm round is better than the .380, but both will get the job done as long you put the bullet in the right place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The G28 is not available in the US. It has never been imported and primarily exists for those countries that do not allow civilians to own handguns in military or police calibers. The G26 is the way to go. Low recoil and better performance. It is also about 60% softer shooting than your G27. The 9mm round is better than the .380, but both will get the job done as long you put the bullet in the right place.
Thanks for the prompt reply mlk18, much appreciated.

So does this mean the G28 will not be in the US market at any time in the future? Probably explains all the Portuguese reviews haha. It's on their website, and initially saw it in a Glock Catalog sent to my home. If I can absolutely not get my hands on the G28, then I guess I will have to go with the 26. ...60 percent softer shooting? That's a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
g25 is also a 380 and as mlk said you won't be seeing either. have you considered increasing the size and the weight of the gun. maybe g23 which would help your recoil and also take care of your capacity problem

·
Registered
123 Posts
So does this mean the G28 will not be in the US market at any time in the future?
I don't want to say never, but it is very likely. People keep asking why Glock does not make a slim 9mm or a carbine too, and the answer is the same; production. Glock has trouble keeping up with the models they already make in the US and import. I believe they are even making some Glocks in Russia now. Crazy.

When my agency issued the Glock .40 officer's started buying up G27's left and right to carry as back up guns and off duty. After a year or so a lot of those G27's had been traded in on G26's, S&W 442's and Kahr PM9's. Size had something to do with it, but the main complaint was recoil and muzzle flip. We all have very different recoil tolerances and shooting preferences. I hate the .40S&W round in light weight poly framed guns but don't mind it at all in heavy guns like the Beretta 96 or S&W 4006. I would never own a sub-compact .40. The smaller the gun the more punishing recoil can be. I think the G23 is as small as I would go in .40, where the G26 shines in 9mm.

I would suggest you rent a G26 before you buy (if you can). If you still don't like it look at the G19 or G23C.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Try a G 30 SF 45 cal, sweet shooter , deadly accurate, concealable, 10 rd mag, can't beat it!

I agree, but I also think shot placement is the key to SD. If you are more comfortable with the 9MM then that is the one for you, but at least try the G30, G30SF or G30S.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Even with Glock beginning to manufacture weapons in Smyrna, as well as Austria and plan to be at full tilt in about two years, I had posed the question as to whether they would make the G28 here, and then we wouldn't have the import restrictions to worry about...The rep told me that she didn't know if they would make it here, but kinda doubted it...that there were other issues involved, and wouldn't discuss them...I wouldn't holdout for one...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
why pic a 380 over a 9mm?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Welcome from NW Florida!! Love my 26!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts