Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my new ”phantom trigger” today so I decided to do a little review.
I purchased the trigger at glockparts.com for $100.
GlockParts.com - Product Detail - Chrome Phantom Adjustable Trigger (G20, 21, 29 & 30) - $99.95
IMAG0314.jpg
IMAG0313.jpg
IMAG0315.jpg
You get...
Billet aluminum trigger and safety.
Crome trigger bar
Allen wrench
for a 100.
Its a little expensive but. Wow..
I put this in my glock 21 in about 1min. I left the adjustments alone for now. Ill play with that later. The 21 has a LW3.5 connector and a wolf comp spring kit. Prior to the trigger, my G21 had a long and light pull with a kind of mushy feel to it. After the installation. The trigger has about half the pull length and is smooth as glass. All the sloppiness is gone. With the adjustments set as it comes from the factory. You get about half the pre travel and half the overtravel over the stock trigger. The milled trigger has a flatter and smoother surface than the original. Which for me is plenty comfortable as I use only the tip of my finger to shoot with. If your one of thoseknuckle shooters it may be a little bit uncomfortable when compared to OEM. I tryed out 2 striker springs with the phantom. The factory spring and a reduced power spring. Both worked great and gave a smooth even pull. I preferred the comp spring cause I like the 3.5# pull over the 4.5 that the factory one gave me.
The trigger adjustments are a little bit of a pain in the ass. The trigger must be removed then Heated with a lighter to soften up the lock-tite you make your adjustments, reinstall and test. If its not where you like it then start the process over but be careful you can over do it.
Over all I would rate it at 4.5 stars.
I havent been to the range yet. Hopefully on saturday. When I've shot with the new trigger I'm going to update this review with its live fire performance.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm not into trigger mods, but that would sure look sharp with a shiny slide!

And I do love glockparts.com!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'm not into trigger mods, but that would sure look sharp with a shiny slide!

And I do love glockparts.com!
+1...I was going to ask about the trigger pull, but you covered that...Congrats, and happy and safe shooting...!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it, I just settle for a 3.5# connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see this is an old post but have this trigger in my glock 22. It really makes the pistol rock.. Very little pre travel and no after travel. I have the 3.5 lb connector also. It makes for a 4 lb trigger pull. Very crisp. Shoots like a dream very small groups out to 50 yds. Well worth the 100 dollars. Only thing I noticed was the rivets that were used were put in sloppy, they will hold no problem. But a little care would of made for a nicer look. I emailed company about it and got a thank you for my input. P.S. I tried to adjust the trigger, all I managed to do was make it not lock in cocked position every other shot. Set it back to factory setting. They preset them, I wouldn't mess with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts