Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to draw from your experiences with aftermarket Glock parts and where you all feel are the best places to get them. Just got my G21, and I want to buy a bunch of stuff for it as it is still a virgin (not that that's a bad thing) :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
There's a ton of places for different stuff...I don't modify much, but I'm leaning more that way on the basics...What in particular do you want to change?..I'm sure Zombie Killer57, Trey3, Madralf76 and some of the others know most of the places...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, rowabi, I thought you would be the first to respond. I remenber a thread where a lot of guys were talking about this subject, but I can't find it. Looking for an extended slide release, spring kits, steel recoil guide rod&spring, maybe an extended drop in threaded barrel for using a muzzle break or a supressor, I want to replace the sights, they are factory fixed, but haven't made up my mind as to what configuration I want. Essentially, I want to make this my 'battle weapon':cool: I went to a few sights, and want to Know what others use.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I would like to draw from your experiences with aftermarket Glock parts and where you all feel are the best places to get them. Just got my G21, and I want to buy a bunch of stuff for it as it is still a virgin (not that that's a bad thing) :)
I get most of my parts from GhostInc and I usually check around for the best price on the Pearce Grip Extensions if I can't find them at the local gun show. LoanWolf has some great barrels and ported slides. These are probably the 2 most popular aftermarket sites

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
By the very nature of the beast, and name, lol, I would point you in the direction of Glockmeister.com, and GlockStore.com...I'm sure the others will be along shortly to "point the way"...I'm just now getting into the idea of modifying Glocks...never knew they needed it, lol....I wish you the best in finding what you need...let us know how the project works out...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have not had good luck with Glockmeister, every time I have tried to buy from them the item was backordered. The modifications to me Glocks, sights and 3.5 connector were done at gun shows.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have not had good luck with Glockmeister, every time I have tried to buy from them the item was backordered. The modifications to me Glocks, sights and 3.5 connector were done at gun shows.
I hear that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My g21 is brand new as well. Skateboard tape and 25 cent trigger is all I have done. I may clean it some day but for now im just gonna shoot it. I tricked out a gun right out of the box once, sold it within 6 months. it was an expensive lesson learned. I mostly upgrade my ammo supply. Good luck and happy shooting.
Cheers
Rw

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My g21 is brand new as well. Skateboard tape and 25 cent trigger is all I have done. I may clean it some day but for now im just gonna shoot it. I tricked out a gun right out of the box once, sold it within 6 months. it was an expensive lesson learned. I mostly upgrade my ammo supply. Good luck and happy shooting.
Cheers
Rw
That's the nice thing about Glocks you can add some helpful aftermarket pieces for minimal cost. My tweaks for the gun were less than $50 bucks. not including the Pearce grip +1 extensions which were $9 x 6,

·
Registered
1 Posts

They are extremely slow with their shipping. I got what I ordered though!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I thought I would let those who didn't know, know that the grip plugs are now for sale for the Gen 4 series. I remember about 6 months ago I couldn't find any on the market. I just received one for my G27 today. More of an FYI than really breaking news. I got mine from GlockMeister for $7

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I would let those who didn't know, know that the grip plugs are now for sale for the Gen 4 series. I remember about 6 months ago I couldn't find any on the market. I just received one for my G27 today. More of an FYI than really breaking news. I got mine from GlockMeister for $7
I don't understand why Glock doesn't just put one of their own grip plugs in the box from the get-go. :confused:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I don't understand why Glock doesn't just put one of their own grip plugs in the box from the get-go. :confused:
I know. The production cost is probably near .25 cents, if that. But then I feel the same about the Extended Slide Release and the Extended Slide Lock. These 3 items would not cost more then $1-$2 to the price but then they would be cutting into the after market parts industry which I bet they get some kind of kick back.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yeh, that's nuts...Like the gun companies that ship their pistols with one mag...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Seems like I read it was designed to have the hollow channel on purpose....something about drainage or debris clearing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got my g21 gen4 about 2 months ago. Since then ive gone all out with the upgrades.
From glockstore.com I got..
Wolf competition spring kit. $8.
Punisher back plate. $20.
Extended slide release $14.
Lone wolf 3.5 connector $14.
Just ordered lone wolf threaded barrel w/ thread protector. $139.( was cheaper than going through LWC)
From glockparts.com I got...
Adjustable Phantom trigger. $100.
From lone wolf.com I got...
30rnd kriss mag kits. $30. Each
Gen 3 style SS guide rod. $20.
Gen4 guide rod adaptor. $10.
22# recoil spring ( for +p ammo) $10.
From LGS. I got..
Trijicon night sights installed $100.
all those places had great service and im very happy with the products.
Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Composite material
The only things I have left to do and this bad boy will be done is a uni-max laser and a gemtec .45 suppressor.
Im going down to the LGS this friday to fill out all the paper work for the tax stamp. Then wait like a year...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
The only things I have left to do and this bad boy will be done is a uni-max laser and a gemtec .45 suppressor.
Im going down to the LGS this friday to fill out all the paper work for the tax stamp. Then wait like a year...[/QUOTE]

I hope you're kiddin' on.. "like a year"...
Like all the extra stuff...nice!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im going down to the LGS this friday to fill out all the paper work for the tax stamp. Then wait like a year...
I hope you're kiddin' on.. "like a year"...
Like all the extra stuff...nice![/QUOTE]
Thanks. Im taking a gunsmith course online so im going all-out on the upgrades for my glock and AR for some hands-on practice.
As for the tax stamp. Well I file the forms with the BATF and pay them $200. Then they do there background checks and sit on it for anywhere from 6months to a year. Then if they decide I can have it. They send me the tax stamp. I take that to the LGS and pay him $800. And I can legally own a suppressor. :) If the laws change or something and they decide I can't have it. Then im out 200 bucks. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts