Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shoot some of this ammo? If so what are your thoughts on it. I googled it and saw that it comes out of a Federal setup factory in Mexico, I believe.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Some ranges don't like aquila ammo, something about a steel core that causes sparking and can start a fire. Me; I shoot their .22 sub-sonic ammo because it's is primmer only (no gun powder so it makes a lot less noise but only has 600fps velocity) so it is limited to revolvers or hand feed semi's. It will not cycle most semi’s because of the no powder and shoots cleaner

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you will get many different opinions on this: i used it once close to 100 rounds and i hand more problems with it than any other. i have use winchester, magtech, federal, american eagle, speer, corbon, lawman, blazer, and remington and probably some others and all worked fine. if i had a choice of using aquilla or stay home, i would stay home!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a couple of boxes of 9mm ordered after I found a really good deal on some 40 cal ammo. Looking for a cheap suppy of 9mm ammo for the range. Thought I will buy a few to try before I ordered a lot.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
so what is the price per round AFTER shipping? I get wwb .40 cal at wal-mart for .32 cents a round and lucky gunner's price is .34 cents.

I just got Rem umc hollow points for 30.00 (tax inc) for 9mm 115g hollow points at wal-mart and that is .30 cents a round

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so what is the price per round AFTER shipping? I get wwb .40 cal at wal-mart for .32 cents a round and lucky gunner's price is .34 cents.

I just got Rem umc hollow points for 30.00 (tax inc) for 9mm 115g hollow points at wal-mart and that is .30 cents a round
Your Wal-Mart must be cheaper on 100 round boxes of 40 cal WWB. I have been paying $37. and some change after tax. 0.37 cents a round. I just got a case of 1000 AE from SGammo for $272.00 shipped so that worked out to 0.27 cents a round.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
$272.00 shipped so that worked out to 0.27 cents a round.
thats a good price; its hard to get less

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It said it was a special deal that they got on the lot. Started out with close to 300 cases and it only lasted a couple of days. 1000 rounds of 40cal. should last me for a while.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Zombie, in my 17C it works great. I'll probably order the 1000 round case next unless I find a good deal on it at the gun show I'm attending this weekend. Just as clean as the Federal and Winchester I was using also.

5 50 rd boxes are $51.25 + $12 shipping. So that's 25 cents per round. It goes down if you order a large quantity but I'd advise anyone with any brand ammo to get a few hundred rounds to try out before making a big commitment so you can verify function yourself.

My next order will be the 1000 rounds.
1000 rd case - 9mm Luger Aguila 124 grain FMJ ammo | SGAmmo.com
$197.80 + $16 shipping. That will be 21 cents per round.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Zombie, in my 17C it works great. I'll probably order the 1000 round case next unless I find a good deal on it at the gun show I'm attending this weekend. Just as clean as the Federal and Winchester I was using also.

5 50 rd boxes are $51.25 + $12 shipping. So that's 25 cents per round. It goes down if you order a large quantity but I'd advise anyone with any brand ammo to get a few hundred rounds to try out before making a big commitment so you can verify function yourself.

My next order will be the 1000 rounds.
1000 rd case - 9mm Luger Aguila 124 grain FMJ ammo | SGAmmo.com

$197.80 + $16 shipping. That will be 21 cents per round.
12.00 for shipping is a good price for ammo (being hasmat) but just make sure it is excepted at the place you shoot it

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I have had no problems with that ammo, plus it keeps more people from crossing the border when I buy it! :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
never cared for it, personally...that's just me...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I will generally spend more for a better quality ammo...not that I like to spend money, but I prefer to shoot better ammo thru my guns...that I used to have before I lost 'em all in the the boating accident... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
BigMike , Get your hand on a few boxes of Aquila ammo see how it works , like to know myself... "lol"

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
you will get many different opinions on this: i used it once close to 100 rounds and i hand more problems with it than any other. i have use winchester, magtech, federal, american eagle, speer, corbon, lawman, blazer, and remington and probably some others and all worked fine. if i had a choice of using aquilla or stay home, i would stay home!
kinda where I was coming from...but it's been a while (years) since I had any experience with it...I would be interested in a range report on 100 rds or so...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a couple of boxes of 9mm coming to try out in a borrowed gun. Thinking about getting a conversation barrel for my G22 Gen 4 and was looking for a cheap source of 9mm. I know WWB is about $25.00 per 100 if this doesn't do good.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i usually go to dicks sporting goods mainly because its close by. 38 and 380 cal is18.99, 9mm, 14.00, 45, 21.99, 40, 19.99 and 357 mag is 28.99 they mostly sell remington and i have never had a problem with any of it. 10mm is the problem child i have to travel an hour to bass pro to find it and it cost 30.00+

1 - 20 of 20 Posts