Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the advantages to swapping out the stock barrel in my G22 with a 9mm barrel, but what are the advantages to shooting .357 SIG other than cost which seems negligible? Is it more accurate, or have less recoil? Thanx again!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's more for variety coming from the .40 S&W.

The .357 SIG is a lighter, faster, flatter-shooting round with better hard barrier penetration, and I find it slightly less "snappy", but it's not much different than the .40 S&W as far as "stopping" power.

·
Registered
126 Posts

The .357 SIG is a lighter, faster, flatter-shooting round with better hard barrier penetration, and I find it slightly less "snappy", but it's not much different than the .40 S&W as far as "stopping" power.

Yeah, what he said! It is also just a "neat" round.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I have fired my G23 and a G19 with a .357 Sig conversion barrel side-by-side and quite honestly couldn't tell any difference in recoil and accuracy. If you're a Niner who can't handle a .40 you won't be able to handle a .357, either.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts

I agree 100%, although, of course, recoil is subjective. I sold my G22, G23 and G27 because I did not like the 'snappy recoil'. The 40 snaps up more than pushing back and was punishing my wrists. I am not afraid of recoil or am overly recoil sensitive as I shoot 10mm also but the 10mm, 357auto and 45acp recoil back more than up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool yea wasnt sure as to the difference.. ive shot .40S&W before.. never .357 sig. I plan to put the 9mm barrel in it mostly just as a cost savings/accuracy measure. thanx folks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you are a fan of lighter bullets at higher velocities and hold to the theory that a bottleneck round has advantages in ease of feeding then the 357 sig is for you. Of course look at the 135 grain loadings for 40 cal. Takes away most of the 357 sig advantages. I suggest looking at the Corbon ammo website. They have very good ballistics for their ammo and are well known for making high velocity rounds that are still safe. The Winchester Ammo LE catalog I like also as it has very good information of their testing in gel.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I think my G31 kicks my G22's ass!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts