Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone else from NC here. :)

I'm an leo and have been using Glocks since the Gen2 model 23C first came out. That Gen2 is one of the few guns I've ever sold that I regretted selling so just this past weekend I replaced it finally with a Gen3 version. On duty I use a department issued Gen4 model 17. I reload but for only one caliber, .40. Currently getting ready to set my Dillon press back up now that I have a .40 again. Looking forward to this forum. :D

·
Banned
966 Posts
Welcome aboard, jb. I only joined this week, only been a Glock owner for a few months. What part of our fine state do you call home?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum JB. My first was my LEO issued Gen 2 19 back in '89. I was kinda hesitant at first, but soon found it was a faithful F/A. Never qualified the GDAC below a 98.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard, jb. I only joined this week, only been a Glock owner for a few months. What part of our fine state do you call home?
I'm in Harnett county. How about you? :)

Welcome to the forum JB. My first was my LEO issued Gen 2 19 back in '89. I was kinda hesitant at first, but soon found it was a faithful F/A. Never qualified the GDAC below a 98.
I wasn't big on the Glock 17 when it was given to me. My first ever qualification was a 96 for day and a 98 for night. Of course me not wanting that first one wasn't because it was a 17, it was because I would have preferred a 19 or 23 sized gun. I've never felt I was more accurate with the larger ones (not less either). I mainly would have preferred the slightly smaller one because that is what size I was used to concealing already. Of course when someone else is buy me a gun and keeping ammo in it I won't complain too much. :)

Thanks for the welcome to both of you.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I'm in Harnett county. How about you? :)
Harnett, that's Lillington, etc, correct? I'm from Durham, the county with the fewest CCP's and most gun killings per capita. Can't complain, they gave me my CCP in 58 days, which was better than I expected. You said you were already concealing a compact, I conceal a G23 myself. That size fits nicely into an IWB with almost no printing. With my OWB it prints some but I use it for range and situations where I don't have to conceal. Great gun, I couldn't believe that much power could come in such a small package.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Thanks to you. Glad to see someone from Texas. I've never been myself but I've always been fascinated by Texas Ranger history and plan on making the trip one day.
If you ever get the chance, visit Waco, Texas where the Texas Ranger Museum is located. It will make you want to go out and buy a 1911 !

·
Banned
966 Posts
Last night on American Guns Rich paid a former Sr. Captain of the Rangers a half-million bucks for a collection of Ranger weapons and other memorabilia. The dude wanted 750K.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Harnett, that's Lillington, etc, correct? I'm from Durham, the county with the fewest CCP's and most gun killings per capita. Can't complain, they gave me my CCP in 58 days, which was better than I expected. You said you were already concealing a compact, I conceal a G23 myself. That size fits nicely into an IWB with almost no printing. With my OWB it prints some but I use it for range and situations where I don't have to conceal. Great gun, I couldn't believe that much power could come in such a small package.
Lillington, Dunn, Erwin, ect. :) Funny but I've been to countless shootings. All but one involved criminals shooting each other. The one I had that involved a ccw holder involved him defending himself against a robbery attempt successfully. NC needs all the law abiding permit holders it can get and IMO all these little empire run sheriff's offices need to stop charging so much for something that is should be a function of their office as a free service to the law abiding public. More concealed carriers reduce all types of crimes. I carry a G23C myself off duty. Could never shoot the subcompacts that good. The compact models feel better in my hand than the full sized even. I conceal it easily using one size larger black t-shirts.

If you ever get the chance, visit Waco, Texas where the Texas Ranger Museum is located. It will make you want to go out and buy a 1911 !
That would be a dream come true for me. I have an interest in old west mythology and history. In my ideal world a lot of what was done back them by those Rangers would still be done today.

Last night on American Guns Rich paid a former Sr. Captain of the Rangers a half-million bucks for a collection of Ranger weapons and other memorabilia. The dude wanted 750K.
I really need to start watching that.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts