Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a G-30. I pick it up Tuesday. First thing is to join a group like this, where there's expert opinion to be gleaned. I thank you all in advance for dealing with all my dumb questions.

I haven't shot since 1974, when I got out of the Marine Corps. I had always shot high Sharpshooter or low- to mid- Expert with the ol' M1911A1. Now, we'll see what this 65 year ol' geezer who walks with a cane can do with a G-30.

See, here's the thing: I take my folks out dancing every chance I get. They're in their 90's and dancing is all they have left. Well, sometimes, when we're walking to the car in a poorly lit parking lot, I imagine what we must look to a group of thugs. "Mr. and Mrs. Magoo being led around by some ol' geezer who walks with a cane." Translation: Easy Mark. Easy Money.

So I decided to get a CWP and we'll go from here. The -30 arrives Tuesday. The CWP permit should arrive any day now.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
hi bob and welcome to the forum! glock 30 is a great choice i have one and love it. nice that you still have your parents and they still have each other at that age and go dancing, thats a beautiful thing! i got out of the army in 1970 and one thing for sure the g 30 is no where near as heavy as the 45's we had then.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ! Many Glock owners claim the G30 is the most accurate Glock. I too, had to transition from 1911s to Glocks and obviously now i am a Glock believer.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
So I decided to get a CWP and we'll go from here. The -30 arrives Tuesday. The CWP permit should arrive any day now.
Your life is about to change in a big way; you will never look at things the same. Carrying a gun is a lot of responsibility so I offer one of my best quotes:

words of gun wisdom
I make a quote from Massad Ayoob
“The power of a gun is never ignored, no matter how accustomed one becomes to the weight on his hip. A man carrying a gun for the first time is acutely, even uncomfortable aware of its presents. After a time, he ceases to notice both the weight and the responsibility not because he has forgot then them but because they have both assimilated into his bearing and demeanor”
From his book “in gravest extreme” chapter 11 under discretion

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service ....Thats a great pistol! Good you're looking out for your folks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts