Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys ive only had my glock 22 for 3-4 months and only put about 300-400 rounds through it...but has anyone had any problems with their glocks? During my first travel to the range i brought a pack of winchester .40 180 gr and I had one misfire!? Anybody else had any similar issues?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The only problem I have had was with my G17 GEN 4 on a recent trip to the range. I was firing Wichester White box and Marathon. The white box ammo went thru without a hiccup, the Marathon would not cycle the slide. I have the correct recoil spring so the blame is on the ammo.

CORRECTION: The ammo was MONARCH. And since this posting the G17 GEN 4 was sold and replaced with a G19 GEN 3.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Alright guys ive only had my glock 22 for 3-4 months and only put about 300-400 rounds through it...but has anyone had any problems with their glocks? During my first travel to the range i brought a pack of winchester .40 180 gr and I had one misfire!? Anybody else had any similar issues?
Problems...?...Have you never heard of Glock perfection...They never have problems...Just kidding ! Anything manufactured is liable to have some sort of problems, eventually. Fortunately with Glocks, problems are few and far between...and easy fixes!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just a ammo problem. I always use WWB ammo for practice and once in a while I shoot 2 boxes of carry ammo thru it as well. As long as you choose a good carry ammo you should not have a problem. Dave UPDATE:: I do have atleast 2 Glock problems. One is waiting for a G-20 4th GEN and finding a 2nd gen G-19. Other than that, No problems here

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My G22 rarely has an issue with ammo. Had some remington in the gun last time I had a FTF. I most likely limp wristed it. My G22 even shoots wolf ammo without problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have put 700 rds thru my G22 Gen4 and have no problems what so ever, fired mostly Federal and Tulammo, no FTF, FTE , it has been great, reliable gun.

·
Registered
655 Posts
No problems here with the 9mm, 40, and 45. That is as of yet. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all! New to the forum. I've have a G17 (new) and it has never really performed that great. I have other Glocks, have had many of my friends (all competitors and instructors) fire it, swapped out barrels, etc... We have tried every combination of barrels, slides, etc... and it shoots great, but when we marry the original components back it shoots strange. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had a problem with my Glock 17 Gen 3 and Fiocchi 115 Gr. JHP. Repeated failure to chamber the rounds. They hung up on the feed ramp. They are rather flat nosed rounds. My Ruger SR9c chambered them without a problem. Bought some Remington 115 gr. JHP which have a round nose. will see of they work better. I have a M1911a1 that will not load any JHP rounds. It only like WWB ball ammo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Put some Remington 115gr JHP thru the Glock 17 Gen 3 and had no problems, It does not like the Fiocchi 115gr JHP. The rest of the rounds fied this week were WWB 115gr FMJ. Not a problem with them.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Hey all! New to the forum. I've have a G17 (new) and it has never really performed that great. I have other Glocks, have had many of my friends (all competitors and instructors) fire it, swapped out barrels, etc... We have tried every combination of barrels, slides, etc... and it shoots great, but when we marry the original components back it shoots strange. Any suggestions?
Define "strange". Do you mean FTF, FTE? Is it GEN 3 or GEN 4 ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had several problems with my 20sf, first it would misfire, glock fixed that, but after the fix it would ftf ALOT, glock replaced the gun and 6 magazines later I have 2 that so far have functioned well, so I only use those two.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Don't marry the originals back together...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts