Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm quickly discovering my Glock likes most any ammo. I'm looking for something that will be good for target practice - consistent enough for target shooting, not going to foul the gun, not going to be inconsistently loaded, etc. I'm inclined to try a box, but don't want to do anything stupid. Wally World has 100 rounds for something cheap (I don't remember the price). I know it's cheaper than 50-round Blazers.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Wally World's Winchester White box is always good when the price is right. I usually buy 500-100 from the cheapest source I can find online or at a gun show. I clean after I shoot so I don't get a huge fouling mess

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I like the Winchester White Box for practice, some of the cheaper ones are dirty shooting and underpowered.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Seems to be pretty good ammo for a Glock...they don't generally act up too bad

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've never had any problems with it. Personally I still prefer Blazers as they seem more accurate to me. Cheaperthandirt.com usually has good prices on Blazers. If anyone knows of any cheaper online please let me know.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I've found them to be the best brick & mortar value for my 9mm's.

I like for my range ammo to feel as close to my carry ammo though, so I'll prefer to buy Speer Lawman 124gr online. In bulk (500-1000 rounds), it's the same price as WWB at Walmart.

·
Banned
966 Posts
My favorite range ammo is Federal American Eagle that I get at WalMart for $16.95 per box of 50. They have the Winchester White Box for $17.95 and both work fine in my G23. .40-cal ammo isn't cheap.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My favorite range ammo is Federal American Eagle that I get at WalMart for $16.95 per box of 50. They have the Winchester White Box for $17.95 and both work fine in my G23. .40-cal ammo isn't cheap.
+1 on FAE. It's my other favorite range ammo. You can also find it online for the same price as WWB.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wally World's Winchester White box is always good when the price is right. I usually buy 500-100 from the cheapest source I can find online or at a gun show. I clean after I shoot so I don't get a huge fouling mess
What he said... Never had an issue with the Winchester white box in my Gen-4s...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Glocks don't normally have issues with that stuff...a year or so back when the "pocket wonder-nine" craze was happening, some of those nines had some issues with the WWB...not the Glocks, per say.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
wwb is good target rounds but lousy SD ammo. Not being bonded or has a core lock so it will separate upon impact with a hard object. We shoot it because it is accepted at all the indoor ranges without question and is a clean burning powder. I find little or no un-burnt powder in the gun

·
Registered
11 Posts
WWB feeds well in my G19 G4. Went to WallyWorld to buy a box today and they had 250 round Remington 115Gr Metal Case UMC Valuepack for 59.00. Pretty cheap for shooting paper.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Works fine in my Glock's ,never had any issues with WWB ....:)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
WWB feeds well in my G19 G4. Went to WallyWorld to buy a box today and they had 250 round Remington 115Gr Metal Case UMC Valuepack for 59.00. Pretty cheap for shooting paper.
That is a good price. I usually only find Brown Bear 9mm at sub $100 prices. so $110 for WWB is a great alternate. I like to keep 500-1000 on hand. Never had a problem with BB but would rather shoot WWB.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I stumbled across a deal at Dicks Sporting Goods over the weekend - 50 Blazer FMJ 115 gr 9mm for $9.95. I bought 300 rounds. I think that's the best price I've seen locally to date. I hope they shoot good...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
No...I just like the brass for obvious reasons, and it runs a little more money...was just wondering about the price...still sounds like a good deal....:)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The problem with the aluminum is the bullets will get lose in the case and can be pushed back when chambering

1 - 20 of 30 Posts