Glock Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. I’m interested in hearing from owners.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought one, love it! Does exactly what its suppose to do, goes bang, boolit enters the bullseye...lol. Definitely a nice shooter. Not a hiccup or failure in 500rds. Uses all my G43 holsters. The silver slide easily dirty`s, but it wipes right off. I think people are boiling over in their brains about the silver slide. Most claim its gets dirty. DUH! Its silver! Its GOING TO show the dirt! Other than that, grip feels great. Recoil is also alot more manageable than my G43. If you`re interested, i wouldn`t hesitate buying one. My next one will be the G48, just because. The triggers arent to bad in my opinion, its a glock trigger, i`m satisfied with it...YEP!

·
Registered
5 Posts
After copious fondling at the NRA in Indy my wife bought a 48 and I bought a 43X. Shooting them tomorrow. They are good pointers and demonstrate all the traits that make the glocks awesome.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I purchased a Glock 43X and went out and shot it for the first time, putting 100 rounds (American Eagle 124 grain FMJ). Little bit getting use to, but certainly fits my hand a lot better than my M&P Shield 9mm. Trigger a little gritty and definitely around a 6 lb trigger pull weight...just an estimate on my part. Purchased a Bravo Concealment OWB kydex holster and got a free 1-mag pouch. I have Bravo Concealment for my Glock 19 and love it. Thinking of purchasing Glock Store Pyramid Trigger Kit for the 43X. I installed their titanium coated trigger safety plunger and Double Diamond trigger connector and it really improved the trigger on my Glock 19. Appreciate any thoughts or comments. And FYI...I train with American Eagle 124 grain FMJ and use Federal HST 124 grain JHP LE for carry. Both have the same ballistics...muzzle velocity/muzzle energy (1150/364). Shoot those in my Glock 19/43X, Shield, and my CZ P10C.

Reactions: mrmike7189

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
I have held the G43X and the fit is fantastic! If I buy a new hand gun it would be it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thinking about making it my next buy now that the G 43x come's in all black.:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member here.
Bought my first pistol in April, a g42.
Took a basic firearms class and fired the gun the same day with supervision.

Eventually put 500 rounds through it and liked it. Got a wild hair about 2 weeks ago and traded it in for a silver slide 43x.
Much better fit for my big hands but it turns out that I’m not as accurate with the 9x19mm rounds as I was with the 9x17mm rounds. Maybe it’s just the extra recoil is a little bit intimidating to me after firing the smaller gun?
Anyways, if I don’t improve my grouping I might trade back down. I’d like to see them release a 42x. 9+1 or 10+1!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one (Ameriglow NS) and love it. it's perfect for daily concealed carry. currently have it loaded up with Underwood 90 grain + p Xtreme Defender it's an awesome combo. Also if you're interested in a holster Vedder makes a really nice AIWB holster, a little pricey but definitely worth the money. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I did it. Sold the 43x which I couldn’t hit the bullseye with. Bought a new 42 today and went out to put the first 100 rounds through it today. Shot so accurately I was able to carve the 2” red bullseye out of the target at 5 yards. Super confidence inspiring,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just bought a 43x two days ago. It is going to replace my old Kahr CM9 as my EDC. Not as accurate with it .....yet...need to fine tune a few things, but after shooting it a couple of times I see a lot of potential. Am going to miss the smooth as butter trigger the Kahr has, but the lighter weight and 4 extra rds makes the 43x a great option for a carry firearm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Polished the internals being careful to not take off material, just smooth out the roughness. Added a Double Diamond connector, grip sleeve and a HiViz front fiber optic sight. I like the rear Glock sight but need the bright fiber optic front. Going to shoot the gun more before I decide anything about changing out the trigger shoe. Prefer a wider shoe, but I really do not think it is all that bad. SAM_1967.JPG

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
When I get one, it will probably be a Glock 19: I am a .357 Magnum, and .45 Auto fan, but the M19 is calling my name. I saw a used one for $400 last year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I started with the Walther pps , I traded it for a G43. Then I instead of buying mag extensions, traded for the G43x. Was carring owb anyway. Hard to shoot at first cause I’ve been shooting G26 and G43 for a while. Next time I’m going to slow down. I rushed 150 through it the first time. Second time I was with my brother and can never be too serious around him. Next time I’ll go by myself.
I’d have to say the shape of the G19 fits my hand well. Tried so many other pistols and keep going back. But this G43x grip length and handling mirror the handling of the G19 just thinner. I’m happy with it. Just need more trigger time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the G43 with a +2 mag and green Crimson Trace. It fits my hand better and gives me 2 more rounds. I live in Florida and front pocket carry all the time with no issues. Hit the bulls eye everytime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't go wrong with the 43X, but have you shot it yet? If you can, shoot it before you buy it out right. Personally I prefer the all black to the two tone silver/black. My EDC right now is a G42 with Taran Tactical + 1 extensions. I can shoot lights out lasers with the 42. Yes, I know "how can you put your life on a .380?".

My duty weapon is a G17 MOS with RMR on top. If I did not stumble on a can't pass up deal for the G42, I would have probably got a 43X.

It is a self correcting purchase. If you don't like the 43X you will bury it with the rest of your glocks or sell it and get what you really want. Either way, you will be happy. Bummer is you will prob not be able to find a 43X during the Covid panic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Due to some health issues and now the virus quarantine, have not been able to shoot the 43x for a while, but last time I did.... it still impressed me and made me glad I purchased the firearm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since I work part time at a small gun shop, I had an occasion to shoot a Glock 43 for a customer.
I liked it so much, I was caught off guard and forced to buy one.
Then came the Glock 48, really liked that silver slide so I bought that too.
Now I can put the 43 slide on the 48 frame and have a 43x, if I choose to do so.
However, I really do not like taking guns apart to make something else.
I once bought a 357 Sig barrel for my Glock 23, but ended up buying a Glock 32 anyway.
So, bottom line is that I will most likely buy a Glock 43X

Mr Mac

·
Registered
44 Posts
I posted in Oct last year about wanting to shoot the 43x before making a decision on replacing the trigger. I did decide to replace the trigger with a Overwatch type. Like the feel of the flat shoe and the shoe width is better. Slightly smoother and little lighter but not much. I did also replace the slide back with a Strikeindustries typ0e that requires no tool to remove. Is cooler looking than really practical to be honest. SAM_2017.JPG SAM_2018.JPG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts