Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Glock 27, a 23, and a 30 (I know, the 30 is listed as a sub, I disagree :) my groupings are much tighter with the 27. Is this common?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
For me it is a mixed bag, my most accurate shooting is with my G21 GEN3 RTF2, but it has big dot sights, a worked over smooth trigger and a dual recoil spring (aftermarket) all of this work had been done by the previous owner. I think the next best for me is my G19 GEN 3 and my G32 GEN 4. The majority of my shooting is done at an indoor range at 7 yards. I am accurate with all of the Glocks I own but especially those mentined above. I think I feel better with the G19 and G32 because for many years i shot IPSC with a Colt Combat Commander and I like the size.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
None of them are full size pistols, you're probably more accurate with the G26 because 9mm is easier to shoot than .40 or 45.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly...I don't have a 26 either. I'm more accurate with the 27, which is .40, than I am with the larger 23, which is also .40.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Anticipating recoil is a big problem with a large caliber in a subcompact. it’s hard to train to avoid it like you can with a revolver (leaving some of the chambers empty)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Exactly...I don't have a 26 either. I'm more accurate with the 27, which is .40, than I am with the larger 23, which is also .40.
oh sorry my bad thought it said 26...maybe 27 fits your hand better? :confused: larger guns (longer barrel and sights radius) should be more accurate.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Anticipating recoil is a big problem with a large caliber in a subcompact. it’s hard to train to avoid it like you can with a revolver (leaving some of the chambers empty)
From what I read about anticipating recoil, I have determined that I'm probably doing that with my 36 causing me to shoot a little low and to the right (at 7 and 10 yards). Going from my 23 to the 36, there is no doubt in my mind that I need to forget about the caliber and try it again. Hopefully get back to the range soon but my back problems haven't allowed me to do much lately. :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah...I don't get it. As far as feel goes, the 23 gen
4 is the bomb. Fits like a glove. A total joy to shoot.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah...I don't get it. As far as feel goes, the 23 gen
4 is the bomb. Fits like a glove. A total joy to shoot.
Yep, I love mine. I know there's not a lot of fans of the Gen 4 backstrap system, but I have large hands and after owning the gun for 6 months, installed the large backstrap and improved my groupings.
At first I just left that bag containing the backstraps in the box, but I'm really glad I tried them out.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
try a "hogue slip on grip" it add little to the grip but with the palm swells, it better to get a grip on the gun

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I have a gen4 G23 as well and really like how it fits in my hand (better then gen 3's) so I never tried shooting the gun with the backstraps on. I should try it anyways...

·
Registered
960 Posts
try a "hogue slip on grip" it add little to the grip but with the palm swells, it better to get a grip on the gun
I've seen those. Do you think installing one will help with my control? I guess I'm asking, will it do anything to help with the anticipating recoil issue? Or is that all in my mind?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have one on my g23 and g26 and they help with the grip filling in the space in between your palm and the grip plus it help with trigger control. For 8.00 give one a try; it made a difference for me. Just make sure you put it on right, there is a top and bottom (bottom being flat and top being angle)

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have one on my g23 and g26 and they help with the grip filling in the space in between your palm and the grip plus it help with trigger control. For 8.00 give one a try; it made a difference for me. Just make sure you put it on right, there is a top and bottom (bottom being flat and top being angle)
I saw them at one of the gun stores where I frequent. So, it is a quick on and off? No adhesive needed?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I saw them at one of the gun stores where I frequent. So, it is a quick on and off? No adhesive needed?
Yea, use a hair dryer or heat gun to make the rubber easier to slip on and avoid stretching. No glues and NO rough texture. Model 1700 seem’s to cover most Glock’s and for sub compacts you just trim them down

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Glock 33 with the stock .357 barrel and bought a Storm Lake 9mm barrel for it also. It is my favorite CCW gun and I have no problems at all! Large Glocks don't do me much good. My wife has a Ruger LCR .357 Magnum for purse, etc. Both are smallish to look at but more than get the job done. Mike in NC.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I've seen those. Do you think installing one will help with my control? I guess I'm asking, will it do anything to help with the anticipating recoil issue? Or is that all in my mind?
it makes the grip a little larger thats about it. Also if someone doesn't like the texture it makes it a little softer. They are pretty tight fitting so no adhesive needed.

·
Registered
960 Posts
it makes the grip a little larger thats about it. Also if someone doesn't like the texture it makes it a little softer. They are pretty tight fitting so no adhesive needed.
Have you tried them? I did a Google search and couldn't find one for a 36. Plenty for the 30. Think those will fit my 36?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I had one on a 17, it was ok but like I said it makes the grip larger and I didn't care for it... G36 has a smaller grip than 30 so it wouldn't fit snug enough to stay on.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Have you tried them? I did a Google search and couldn't find one for a 36. Plenty for the 30. Think those will fit my 36?
I check with another sight and they said to use the small one. it looks like it won't fit but it does

take a look at packmayr too theirs are a little different

1 - 20 of 24 Posts