Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
No experience with that holster, but it seems to be a well made one...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
sorry on this end BUT I have a couple of holsters I 've bought and didn't like them at first and they grew on me; If you like it take a chance

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Looks like a good idea with the 3 layers. I saved the web site and will wait until you hopefully do a review.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I just got off the phone with tech support at Mako. I had a simple question: "Since there's no mention of belt width for the slots, is the holster adjustable for various belts?" The clown on the other end spent two minutes going "UH...Ah....Hmm" before he said, "well there's spacers". To which I said, "so it's adjustable then?". After a repeat of the first part of the conversation he said "if you're going to use a narrow belt, leave the spacer in. If not, take it out." I said, "OK, how wide of a belt will it accept?". (Repeat part one....again) He finally said, "Uh....four inches." I said "FOUR INCHES WIDE ON A GUNBELT?". He started to repeat part one yet again, so I just hung up on him. Sounded like he was about 15 or so, and definitely didn't belong in tech support for a holster company. As much as I like the looks of this product, I'm leaning to the Comp-Tac. Is nothing easy these days?:confused:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone with tech support at Mako. I had a simple question: "Since there's no mention of belt width for the slots, is the holster adjustable for various belts?" The clown on the other end spent two minutes going "UH...Ah....Hmm" before he said, "well there's spacers". To which I said, "so it's adjustable then?". After a repeat of the first part of the conversation he said "if you're going to use a narrow belt, leave the spacer in. If not, take it out." I said, "OK, how wide of a belt will it accept?". (Repeat part one....again) He finally said, "Uh....four inches." I said "FOUR INCHES WIDE ON A GUNBELT?". He started to repeat part one yet again, so I just hung up on him. Sounded like he was about 15 or so, and definitely didn't belong in tech support for a holster company. As much as I like the looks of this product, I'm leaning to the Comp-Tac. Is nothing easy these days?:confused:
Sounds as if someone's kid answered the phone. If you have not tried it yet, give the Glock Sport holster a try. I have one and it carries CCW very well, and the price is right.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got done ordering the Comp-Tac paddle and twin mag holder. I REALLY liked the looks of that Mako, but all the website shows is a flattering front view, not much data on it at all. Should be here by the end of next week. Photos to follow...stay tuned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very long story short, I'm a Suffolk County Detective. I was told by a buddy of mine to go directly to Mako's warehouse in Farmingdale. Once there I was buzzed in after showing ID and was introduced to a young guy who was an Iraq Vet. Very nice and very knowledgeable. After declining coffee he took me into their warehouse and introduced me to the warehouse manager. Also another very nice young man. He allowed me to look at all the holsters and eventually I picked out one I wanted for off duty carry. He said I could purchase it right there as I was law enforcement and even get a discount, but I declined as I wanted to look at others online. Eventually I went online and purchased the 3 layer holster for my Glock 19, using the code he gave me for military and law enforcement discounts. I couldn't be happier with this holster. It holds its shape, draws smooth and fits snug. It's also very low profile on my belt. I was particularly impressed with the construction, stitching and the fact that although it fits snug, it does not warp or seem to have unwanted "give" to it. The reason I purchased it from them was the interaction and hospitality I had with the two young men. Now that I have it I am equally impressed with the quality and durability of the product. I don't know if the above poster was referring to the young man I met with at their warehouse or perhaps I dealt with someone else, but based on that post I felt inclined to create an account just to respond. I am very impressed with their customer service as well as their products. Far too many people take to the internet with the negatives, I thought I would actually toss out a positive. - Bruce P. LI, NY

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your looking for the Kydex/leather combo only one place I deal with and thats Garrett Industries just love their stuff. I just ordered a holster from Comp tac same concept will see how it performs here soon for my new Glock 19 gen 4. Keep you posted

Reactions: lineman475

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
If your looking for the Kydex/leather combo only one place I deal with and thats Garrett Industries just love their stuff. I just ordered a holster from Comp tac same concept will see how it performs here soon for my new Glock 19 gen 4. Keep you posted
I have one for my g36, I love it!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys, this is an old post of mine that got resurrected. Shortly after I posted it, I bought a CompTAC kydex paddle rig that I've been using ever since. I have no plans to switch.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I was looking at their Mako uno... the holster is a left/ right /paddle/belt holster with a couple of screw changes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts