Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all new member here, new to Glocks but no stranger to Firearms. I recently purchased a Gen 4 G-19 after I was sure I would never own a Glock! I am a huge fan of FN and Spring Field. I fell in love with the G19 and it was quickly becoming my favorite and my EDC. Took her to the range and had malfunction after malfunction. The slide would get stuck 2/3 the way back and the spring would pop out the front. It was almost impossible to hand cycle the pistol and malfunctioned after every shot, each time the slide getting stuck 2/3 open. Taking her apart I find damage in the plastic behind the right rear rail. The plastic is chewed up and the metal rail is separating from the frame. Called Glock, they are making it right, so far great customer service! Here are a few pics of the damage. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

1.jpg 2.jpg

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum...reminds me of a nightmare...! Wow, not making fun of your situation, just never heard of anything like that with a Glock...Glad they're taking care of it...Never had any problems with any Glock I've had...Hope it's resolved soon...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That's just crazy! Glad they're taking care of it.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Never heard of that either. Did you buy the G19 new?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
that's a not good. They have good Customer Service so I'm sure they will do right. Looks like something may have been stuck in the slide rail causing repeated damage

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
If you don't have any idea, then I'd say that someone in the gunstore played around with it, probably took the slide off, and in reassembling it, didn't get it lined up right, forced the slide, got it stuck, finally pulled apart, and put back together...damage done...then you come along and purchase it, shoot it, and magnify the problem that you never knew existed before purchasing it...Howz about that for a supposition...? Hey...it coulda happened like that..:confused: Hope they get it right...and quick...! Good luck...:)

·
Banned
966 Posts
I think rowabi's on to something there. It has to be something like that. Couldn't be just a random factory screw-up. Glock's history just doesn't allow it to be feasible.

·
Registered
115 Posts
x2 - considering their obvious high quality controls, there's just no plausible way that made it through their QC process; that had to happen after it left the factory. Getting anyone to 'fess up about it is not likely; it's good that Glock is making it right - their quality and reputation is on the line. I used to manage 3rd level tech support for a major inkjet printer manufacturer; despite our best attempts, we'd let a problem slip out every now and then. It happens - and you do your best to prevent it - but the scale of consequence for an escape makes it dramatically less important for a printer. I can't imagine something that significant somehow escaping a quality gun manufacturer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update and thanks for all the feed back! Glock got my Pistol back to me in 1 week which I thought was real fast. Inspecting it I noticed all they did was shave down the damaged area and removed some of the plastic. The right real metal rail that was separated was just glued back together. There is all kinds of scuff marks on the lower now. I thought they would replace the whole lower but I guess that was too much to ask. For the record I have put 1000's of rounds through my Xd's and my FN's and they still look brand new. Paying $690 for a Gen 4 and 2 weeks later having a glue together pistol only after 5 rounds? Doesn't make me have faith in either the company or the product! I always heard they were the cheapest pistols to buy and now I know why. LOL if they are such Perfection why does everyone alter them right away?

Guess I will just throw this one in the junk drawer too

·
Registered
95 Posts
I also would like to see the inside of the slide, the unusual wear on the trigger bar and the wear on the edge of the trigger housing does not compute for me if the right rear rail were lifting up out of the frame. Obviously one or more rails is/was making to much contact with the slide during cycling. The only time I remember seeing anything similar (been studying for armours test since may, digging through various forums and help threads) is when some jackass tried to convert a glock to full auto and f'd up.

Not trying to insult anyone or call anyone a liar, just want more info as this is very very very interesting to me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you don't have any idea, then I'd say that someone in the gunstore played around with it, probably took the slide off, and in reassembling it, didn't get it lined up right, forced the slide, got it stuck, finally pulled apart, and put back together...damage done...then you come along and purchase it, shoot it, and magnify the problem that you never knew existed before purchasing it...Howz about that for a supposition...? Hey...it coulda happened like that..:confused: Hope they get it right...and quick...! Good luck...:)
I'm really sorry to see and hear of stuff like this ...In fact the gun clerk at Cabela's was the first to cut the seal open from Glock in front of me so I knew no had touched my G-19 till that moment in front of me ...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
cant glue a rail in place on a glock. I want to see photos and or video.
That's a definite...I'm talking with a contact at Glock to try to get some help on this issue...They don't glue anything...Sorry you're having a bad experience with your gun. Maybe we'll be able to get this resolved with some help... Like I said in an earlier post in response to this thread, someone monkeyed with your gun, possibly before you bought it... I guarantee you Glock will try to get it right..And for the record, not everyone alters their Glocks...I'm a believer in Stock Glocks Rock...all mine do...I've never had anything but perfection out of mine. So you have other guns in a junk drawer...? :confused: What kind are they...?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The man with the tenifer phone speaks truth! Something aint right with this one. The reason Glocks kick A. is the reliability, that reliability comes from the manufacturing process. A process few can legally replicate and none that can have figured out how to. Its all about those rails, absolute minimum contact with the slide while cycling, that is achieved by those rails being perfect, and whatever rendering (my geuss on how they do it) process they use seems to hold them in place very very well. I just broke down all 3 models sc-c-fs and I can not even miss a back rail during reassembly. Perhaps if you had some kind of catastrophic giude rod/spring assembly failure while cycling you could get caught un your take down bar or block thus pushing the slide up, idk.....

As far as junk droor, probably full of kel tecs and diamondbacks...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
The man with the tenifer phone speaks truth! Something aint right with this one. The reason Glocks kick A. is the reliability, that reliability comes from the manufacturing process. A process few can legally replicate and none that can have figured out how to. Its all about those rails, absolute minimum contact with the slide while cycling, that is achieved by those rails being perfect, and whatever rendering (my geuss on how they do it) process they use seems to hold them in place very very well. I just broke down all 3 models sc-c-fs and I can not even miss a back rail during reassembly. Perhaps if you had some kind of catastrophic giude rod/spring assembly failure while cycling you could get caught un your take down bar or block thus pushing the slide up, idk.....

I have a junk drawer..no guns, but lots of holster stuff, and gizzmos...Diamondbacks...? Nope, no snakes in my junk drawer.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just an update and thanks for all the feed back! Glock got my Pistol back to me in 1 week which I thought was real fast. Inspecting it I noticed all they did was shave down the damaged area and removed some of the plastic. The right real metal rail that was separated was just glued back together. There is all kinds of scuff marks on the lower now. I thought they would replace the whole lower but I guess that was too much to ask. For the record I have put 1000's of rounds through my Xd's and my FN's and they still look brand new. Paying $690 for a Gen 4 and 2 weeks later having a glue together pistol only after 5 rounds? Doesn't make me have faith in either the company or the product! I always heard they were the cheapest pistols to buy and now I know why. LOL if they are such Perfection why does everyone alter them right away?

Guess I will just throw this one in the junk drawer too
It's possible that there was some polymer left-overs behind the rails causing the initial problem. They have good QA, but no process is perfect (no matter what they say).

Was there any note returned indicating what they did? I can see them just removing the extra polymer to get it into spec, but if they scuffed it up badly while doing so, that's not cool. They should have also test fired it, so I'd take it out and see if it's operating as it should.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Just checked my email to see if my contact had gotten back to me...not yet...They were gonna try to find out exactly what had been done...That one shouldn't be hard to find, as I doubt they get many calls of that variety...hopefully tomorrow...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts

Just in case anyone wants to know what a "tenifer" phone looks like...Oh, excuse me...my Glock is ringing... :cool:
2012-09-27_12-07-27_823.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts