Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up Glockers. My edc is a G26, I love everything about it. I regularly just carry the flush 10 round mags (no pinky ext or added capacity base plates) when I am doing day to day activities in urban environments. I do have G19 & G17 mags I do like to run in the G26 on occasion. I do not like how they can wiggle slightly (non-drop free mostly) during operation. I have been looking at a&g, x-grips and pro-mag sleeves, seems like mixed reviews on each one. So before I start ordering I figured I would ask. Leaning towrds pro-mag currently. Thanks in advance.

Grip Spacer Adapts Glock 19 23 Mags to fit 26 27 Polymer Black

·
Registered
655 Posts
Pearce also makes some, but form the general consensus they all have mixed reviews. I ordered the Pearce one for my glock 30. When it gets here I will let you know how it is.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
In my opinion Pearce is the leader for these parts. I wouldn't own any others. They are durable and non flexing which I find does away with the possibility for getting pinched like the cheaper made products

·
Registered
655 Posts
In my opinion Pearce is the leader for these parts. I wouldn't own any others. They are durable and non flexing which I find does away with the possibility for getting pinched like the cheaper made products
That is why I ordered mine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked out Pearce, I did not see mag sleeves. Perhaps I missed them. I am not comfortable altering Glock magazines with after market base plates. Just to make sure we are all on the same page the video below is what I am seeking reviews from you guys/gals on.

Magazine Sleeve for Glock - YouTube

Sorry for the redundancy

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I've used the plates, but not the sleeves...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave, thanks buddy, thats good info. I have heard almost nothing negative about the x-grips. If you talk to your friend could you ask if he runs/ran a grip plug in his G26 and if it interfered with the X-grips? I have heard that some of the other brands dont sit as snug with the grip plug in place.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dave, thanks buddy, thats good info. I have heard almost nothing negative about the x-grips. If you talk to your friend could you ask if he runs/ran a grip plug in his G26 and if it interfered with the X-grips? I have heard that some of the other brands dont sit as snug with the grip plug in place.
Hey M. I just talked to the guy I get my mags from online and he says he has heard different things from different people. Some leave them in and its ok and some have to take the plug out. he says the ones that have to take them out tell him that the rear of the Xgrip covers the hole nicely. Here is a link to the guy I get my mags from. Hope this helps some. Dave

XGrip Glock 26, Glock 33 or 27 XGGL26-27C [XGGL26-27C] - $12.95 : Greg Cote, LLC

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Odd that the salesman didnt mention the G33 and the mags for the G32 and G31. However, I find that in CCW the grip for me is the hardest part of the handgun to conceal. The slide slips down into my pants (usually in a Ramora holster) but the grip even with an extension is harder for me to conceal. The only extensions I use are the Pearce +0. It is rare for me to use a full or mid-size mag in a sub-compact and then only at the range.

But that is what is great about all of the accesories for Glocks, what works for some may not work for all, but there are a lot to choose from.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave, thanks man. I really appreciate it.

Tex, Im right there with you, the beauty of the SC Glocks IMO is the ease of concealment, heck I gave up on the Pearce +0 pinky extension plates mainly because it actually made my weapon print more in the 4 o'clock carry region. Due to circumstances beyond my control, at this time I can only have 1 weapon in my possession (not due to legality, emotional family members, lack of safe ect...) and therefore I am milking every possible configuration I can from my splendid little G26. lol...

Perhaps I will try and revive the photo thread one of these nights...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
x-grips look nice. Do they attach to the mag and not slide around if you wanted to carry extra extended mags on your belt. That wouldn't be fun trying to fight that movement on a tactical reload.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got ahold of a A&G sleve today, it locks into place fairly well, from my research the x-grips lock into place as well. I think I will be ordering x-grips from the link Dave provided tonight or tomorrow. The A&G sleeve just does not fit as snug as I would like.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have found Greg online about 2 years ago and since finding him I have not ordered any mags from anyone else, Unless there is a mag he dont carry. He is in Maryland so when I wanted a G-18 33 round mag I had to get it here local. Greg shipping is cheap and his mags in my opinion are right there in price and plus I am helping a small business man.I am waiting for him to get the shield mags as I would rather buy from him instead of S&W. I am in need of 2 g-21 mags, 3 m&p in .40 and 3 m&p in 9mm. when he gets the shield mags in i will be getting atleast 3 8 round 9mm mags. Greag is honest and has great communication. I think i am ok with g-17 mags as i have 3 17 rounders 2 19 rounders and 3 33 rounders, Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tell myself I am good on glock mags, but when I walk into a pawn shop and they got used glock 19 mags 2 for 30$ and half the mags are drop free I cant help myself, lol...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I tell myself I am good on glock mags, but when I walk into a pawn shop and they got used glock 19 mags 2 for 30$ and half the mags are drop free I cant help myself, lol...
The same thing happens to me at Gun Shows when I see good mags with a low price and they fit one of my Glocks. Besides, you cant go to a gun show without buying something. Can you?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a Pearce extension on my 27 for several years until the afternoon...... while the pistol was resting on top of the microwave ......... it decided to "pop" off and ricochet off the patio door. We now utilize a Xgrip sleeve and a 23 mag.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I bought and A&G sleeve and a 15 round glock19 mag from the glock store. I received the mag sleeve a few days ago but no mag. Back ordered ! I really wish vendors would let you know that things aren't in stock when you place an order.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts