Glock Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you tried the new T.A.S. J Sight on your Glocks?

I have a Gen 3 Glock 22 and I ordered the green J sight. Should be here in a few days.
I was considering getting a Warren/Sevigny sight set with the black rear and fiber optic
front, but then I saw this & thought it seemed interesting & if I don't like it I can just
sell it and go with Warren/Sevigny.
Just wondering if any of you use it, if you like it, don't like it, if so what do or don't you
like about it, is it as easy to use as it sounds, etc.

Just looking for some reviews, basically. There really aren't very many reviews online at
all since this sight came out this year. Thanks a lot ahead of time for any responses! :cool:

tas-j-green-1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looks HUGE! So do you not even use a forward sight with it? If not, does it come with a plug?

As far as ease of replacing the sights, they sell fairly inexpensive sight pusher tools on eBay... or you could even make one from parts at the hardware store. However, if you're that resourceful, you can skillfully tap it out with a punch and hammer. The front sight takes a small socket to remove... I would recommend a forward sight tool from eBay or Glockstore or some online shop. You can easily damage or round the edges of the forward sight screw if you're not careful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have another sight that when you use it you don't use the front sight, but with the J sight, you use the top of the front sight to line your shot up.

Here's their sight where you don't use the front sight:
TAS-GSG-GSR-2.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kingfhb, watch this, it will show you how you use it:

[video=youtube;NCVqCk4ZqAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCVqCk4ZqAk[/video]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and king, if you watch the J sight video that I just posted, you will see that there is no sight tool needed to install the T.A.S. J sight. it slides right in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't agree more with you. If you're worried about screws coming out, use Loctite or Threadlocker. No need to pound sights into your gun...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Pounding the sights into the weapon is not because of screws coming out. The factory dovetail sights on the Glocks are a friction based design. Meaning they need to be forced into position. SOME aftermarket sights took a different design into consideration... they made them not fit as tight and then added set-screws to tighten them down. Factory sights either require the use of a sight pusher or another means of forcing the sights out of their detent.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So a year on...has anyone used these sights or the other version that does not require the fore sight? I'd be interested to hear how you like them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts