Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I decided to do some art work on my new Colt AR 15 M4 , by art I mean just whiting out some of the engraved relief lettering , markings and numbers...

I chose to do it with flat white acrylic instead of flat white fingernail paint , the acrylic was easier to apply, cleanup and removal was easy as well , I was also concern with the finish on the lower receiver did not want to use harsh chemicals ....

I had used flat white acrylic a while back on my Glock mag witness numbers with good results haven't had to touch them up yet...

Anyways hope you enjoy...
Alex

DSC_5047.jpg DSC_5045.jpg DSC_5046.jpg DSC_5042.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
I want one bad, putting some money away now for it.. Hopefully they will have some left lol, People are buyiing them up.. What is the average price on the 6920? I am not really experienced at all with the rifles, just handguns, but want to learn and train with one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I want one bad, putting some money away now for it.. Hopefully they will have some left lol, People are buyiing them up.. What is the average price on the 6920? I am not really experienced at all with the rifles, just handguns, but want to learn and traiout n with one.
Please check out this tread I wrote...Colt AR15-M4 at Walmart... - Page 4

Thanks and good luck on getting your AR ....:)

Reactions: blackhawk33

·
Registered
61 Posts
Please check out this tread I wrote...Colt AR15-M4 at Walmart... - Page 4

Thanks and good luck on getting your AR ....:)
Cool bud. I read most of the posts, learned some there.. I havent seen any colts at the walmarts around here in southeastern pa, just a bb gun that looks like it. In fact i thought it was it from a distance.. I dont konw why they dont sell them here, but Im set on it.. Looks like a lot of fun shooting

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
nice gun, AR's are sweet

Reactions: Alex

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't fired mines yet, can't wait, looking forward to zeroing in the Eotech ...
Thanks guys...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hi,
I decided to do some art work on my new Colt AR 15 M4 , by art I mean just whiting out some of the engraved relief lettering , markings and numbers...

I chose to do it with flat white acrylic instead of flat white fingernail paint , the acrylic was easier to apply, cleanup and removal was easy as well , I was also concern with the finish on the lower receiver did not want to use harsh chemicals ....

I had used flat white acrylic a while back on my Glock mag witness numbers with good results haven't had to touch them up yet...

Anyways hope you enjoy...
Alex
Alex, it looks good...probably won't do my new S&W M&P like that, but yours looks really good...If I did it, I'm thinking I probably would do the "Fire" on the selector in red...You did great! Thanks for sharing the pics...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alex, it looks good...probably won't do my new S&W M&P like that, but yours looks really good...If I did it, I'm thinking I probably would do the "Fire" on the selector in red...You did great! Thanks for sharing the pics...
rowabi, I tried the red on the "Fire" due to the black it just did not show up well even with the white under it?
Give it a try good luck...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
wow...even with the white behind it? Well, at least you tried it. It looks really good as is...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I should call H&K see wthat red they are using on their firearms ... "lol" ;)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yeh...I believe that it was on an MP5 that I saw a really great color job...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh...I believe that it was on an MP5 that I saw a really great color job...
"Yup"
I kinder use the H&K color format as a standard for any color scheme's I apply to my firearms, they do wonderful work from top to bottom on their firearms ... H&K firearms are a class act...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice job!!! .....Thanks for sharing.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts