Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why I never bought reloads for any of my guns. The lone star conv barrel has a tighter tolerance then Glock so these reloads might work in a Glock but IF someone that I don't know is reloading them I don't feel safe

[video=youtube;KCJuXjXlvn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCJuXjXlvn4&feature=g-all-u[/video]

·
Registered
960 Posts
This is why I never bought reloads for any of my guns. The lone star conv barrel has a tighter tolerance then Glock so these reloads might work in a Glock but IF someone that I don't know is reloading them I don't feel safe

[video=youtube;KCJuXjXlvn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCJuXjXlvn4&feature=g-all-u[/video]
Just my opinion, I don't buy or use reloads at all. For the reliability of any Glock, there are plenty of inexpensive options for all types of ammo out there, whether it be Walmart, Academy, Bass Pro Shops. Doesn't matter where I get them as long as they are new. I only feed my babies the best and they do stay hungry!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I am assuming this is what is called remanufactured ammo, which I never use. Army Cobra is correct, I only use new ammo also. We had a discussion on the forum before where some say reloaded is not the same as remanufactored. Reloaded being done at home and remanufactored done in a plant. The remanufactored could be done in someones garage as far as I am concerned.

Not trying to start the argument again, just stating my opinion, for what that is worth.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The only first run ammo I buy is for carry loads, I always use remanufactured ammo of one form or another at the range and never had a problem with any in a stock barrel.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Most of the bulk ammo purchases I make like PMC or Federal is remanufactured. Ga. Arms ammo uses Federal brass, powder and primers.

·
Registered
241 Posts
1. I only use reloads if I'm the one that reloaded it.
2. Use only reloads (or whatever companies want to call it to sell it easier) if you really trust the company or person that made it. I worked at a range a long time ago where the owner was reloading all the 9mm he could get a hold of. I remember running a few through his Glock 17 and commenting how hot they were (as in hard recoiling). He ran a mag and said they were fine. After two seperate people had kb's in Beretta 92's he pulled them all. Made me wonder (I didn't know then) how strong the barrels in Glocks were vs. other guns. My advice is if you are going to run questionable ammo use the factory Glock barrel instead of any aftermarket barrel for that extra measure of safety.
3. I have Dillon reloading press I haven't touched in years. Yes you can save a lot of money reloading ammo but it is very time intensive. I'm not running through thousands of rounds per month (lucky if I shoot even 500 in a month) so I'd rather do other things with my time for now. Plus too many options for cheap yet high quality ammo online compared to 15 years ago.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My beef is the same as the guy the video. You get mixed brass (what is sweep up from the firing line) and you don't how many times it was shot before you got it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts